Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] BRO: Quest "Undying Corruption" can't complete task.

Discussion in 'Release 44 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Daxxe Diggler, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

7/24/2017 2:37 PM
    Title: BRO: Quest "Undying Corruption" can't complete task.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes - Can't complete current task
    Details: After completing the automaton's task, quest info in journal says "I should return to Gus and tell him about my discovery" However, when I do, his response is: "Gus: Natura... ah... I don't know what you're talking about! Never heard of this Natural Almonds fellow. He sounds like a silly rumor or the taill end of a bad joke. I wish to not discuss such silliness further, thank you. Nope, nope, nope, never heard of him." (By the way, tail is spelled wrong and should be corrected.) "Rumor" is an underlined key word, yet doesn't update or progress the quest line. Am I missing something or is this broken? Seems like I should be giving him the eye I looted, but can't discover a way to get him to ask for it.
    Steps to Reproduce: Go to /loc below, speak to Gus, get quest, find the lair, kill the big mushroom and the anti-druid, return to Gus and speak to him.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 16306
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 1993
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.524.Date.07.21.17
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Blood River Outskirts
    Loc: (261.8, 63.3, 620.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgyNjEuNzc0LCA2My4yNTcsIDYxOS45NjUpfCgwLCAwLjE3NiwgMCwgMC45ODQpfDE4LjM5MDc2fDQxLjU4OTA1fDkuMDg3ODM0

2. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Sorry, the incorrect task ID was in the conversation that would have cleared the task. I added the correct one, as well as backups that will clear the task if you talk to Gus about Naturamans again. You already got the reward - that part wasn't broken. Also, I added a dialogue to explain the Eye of Naturamans.

"Gus' response to the Eye - "Ghastly thing! And... and you just took it off his unmoving corpse? I can't imagine he'll be very pleased about that. I'd be wary of such an item of corruption, but then again, if it hasn't hurt or killed you yet, then I suppose it won't harm you... yet. Might make a good trophy for your home. If nothing else, it would certainly be a conversation piece!"

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Thanks @Puuk .

I'll test it again after R44 goes live and post another bug if still broken.

Puuk likes this.
  4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Puuk, you mentioned the eye in your response. I killed the dude on live, after the characters were copied to QA, but the corpse vanished before I could loot him. Did the eye drop on live or is that something new for R44? Willl we be able to get it in live even though he killed him already?

5. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

The eye drop was on live, yes. On live, I put in a loot bundle that fires once you killed him. The eye should have automatically gone into your inventory. This was set up because undead looting was bugged for a short time. Now with R44, he can be looted like anything else. Now keep in mind that even live is an alpha, so things will go wrong. However, you will be able to reset your story at some point in the near future so you can do all the quests over again, so you can get the eye again if you choose to reset stories.

higginss likes this.
  6. higginss

higginss Avatar

@Puuk, that was something I wanted to hear... :D:)

Puuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.