Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Cancel Halloween - still can't place Jack O' Lantern outside

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Spoon, Sep 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

9/16/2017 9:41 PM
    Title:
    Cancel Halloween - still can't place Jack O' Lantern outside

Reproduction Rate:

3 out of 3

I tried it.
    Then I did Exit>Resume and tried again - fail, marked red.
    Then I did a full quit to desktop > restart and tried again - fail, marked red.

Will try again on a different avatar in a different location later.

Blocker?
    N

Details:
    Reported back in R41...
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ce-replace-jack-o-lantern-outside-home.89787/

Steps to Reproduce:

Go to coordinates in the Trunk there are some Jack O' Lantern s.
    Try to place indoors - works fine.
    Try to place on roof - works fine.
    Try to place outside - failed.

But there seems to be some issues with placing close to walls.

I have placed two Jack O' Lantern indoors and on roof which you can play with as well...

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (8) System RAM: 16296
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M GPU RAM: 4064
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.660.Date.09.12.17
    Area: Novia_R5_City_Graff
    Area Display Name: Graff Island
    Loc: (-35.2, 38.0, 289.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfQ2l0eV9HcmFmZnx8KC0zNS4xNjksIDM3Ljk5NywgMjg5Ljc3NCl8KDAsIDAuMTkzLCAwLCAwLjk4MSl8MjIuNjU1MDd8MjYuODM4Njd8My4zODIwOTU=

Vox Aquila likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

are these the craftable ones or one of the seasonal funny faces, or both?

Spoon likes this.
  3. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

And are you at your deco limit for a light source? (I think these do count as lights...).

Spoon likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

i can place both a seasonal and a crafted jack on my town lot in spite that has no other lights at all. it's reporting the number of lights correctly. i could not set either of them at my house in stinging tree even after removing all the other outdoor lights, but not indoor ones.

after some more testing, they don't like to be anywhere even vaguely close to the edge of the lot. perhaps the circle of light is not allowed to overlap the edge? i remember a similar bug with lamp posts when they first came out.

Spoon likes this.
  5. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

I have a Jack o' Lantern that I can't place in my house. I crafted it last year. Maybe old ones have some bad data?

Spoon likes this.
  6. coretar

coretar Avatar

I just crafted two jack o lanterns and was unable to place anywhere in my row house, either inside or out. I was going to start a thread but after a quick search i found this so decided to just mention it here; although I do have all the information from the /bug feature if needed.

Spoon likes this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Crafted ones. The seasonal have other names.

I specifically removed all lights before and yes checked the limit.

So good thought, but that is not it in this case.

Hmm. How close to a wall were you? I'm wondering if it is some weird collision mesh. Since there are problems when placing them indoors as well, just that it isn't as bad as outside, and indoors wouldn't be close to a border lot.
    In that specific case I have the Knight Founder on it and that leaves only a small strip of land so if it has problems with the lot border then that would explain not being able to place them at all there.
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Founder_Knight_Village_Home

Good observation. These were crafted a couple of months ago.
    I will test with a newly crafted one vs an old.

If it is like Alley says that it can't place outside if too close to a border, and as I observed that it has trouble with some walls then a row would have such all over.

Do you mind me asking specifically which house you have on your row lot?

8. Alley Oop

no proper wall: that lot only has ruins, and the previous bug had nothing but the light.

Spoon likes this.
  9. coretar

coretar Avatar

I have the Blue Tiled Roof 4 Story with Balcony. I assumed there was a problem with being close to borders (because skeletons were a pain to place on the row lot LOL) so I attempted to place it in the very center of the room inside just to make sure it could be placed somewhere. I also packed up all decorations (including light fixtures and candles,etc) to make sure nothing else was interfering with it. The plain pumpkins place perfectly fine which is what I am using instead of jack o lantern now :(.

Spoon likes this.
  10. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

You guys are asking the right questions to find a resolution and providing some great details! I love to see it. I'm so proud *sniff sniff*

@Spoon
    I cannot repro. I can't explain it, but if you stand right at the bottom of the steps (within the green line) you should be able to click and drag the pumpkins from inside to outside. I'm not seeing any light limit being reached with those two outside now. Nor do the walls seem to be in the way. Go take a look whenever you have the time to.

Cancel Halloween? NEVER! ;)

11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Halloween is still very much cancelled...

So this is a lot in Desolis - so a completely different one but with a smaller house so more yard space.

Outdoors the Jack O' Lanterns can't be placed exactly 6m from the lot border.
    I checked where I could place and took a /loc and then walked to the border for another /loc.

Indoors the Jack O' Lanterns can't be placed close to the containers (chests & bags).

9/19/2017 10:04 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:

100%
    3 out of 3 again.

Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    Area: Novia_R4_City_Desolis
    Area Display Name: Desolis
    Loc: (-86.5, 117.4, 59.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfQ2l0eV9EZXNvbGlzfHwoLTg2LjQ5MSwgMTE3LjM1NCwgNTkuMTk0KXwoMCwgMC4zMSwgMCwgMC45NTEpfDExMTYuMTM0fDQ0LjM4NjQ2fDQuMTI1NzI0

12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

More details and pics:
    ( I will edit and upload as the get done)...
    Edit - all pics uploaded

• was running /debug the whole time - no errors
    • tested in all four directions of the lot - same distance to each border
    • tested rotating the Jack - same issue - same distance
    • I was also having weird issues with the gfx of the Jack not always showing when dragging out the deco - which wasn't limited to the Jack.
    • I also had serious issues trying to place Small Odd Skull indoors which didn't work at all - but could place outdoors just fine - very weird
    • You can place the Jacks adjacent to eachother so there is no issue with the light sphere vs other Jacks

[​IMG]
    can't place close to border.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here you can see the distance that was required... 6m yardspace to the border

Different angle same place, placed the first Jack where it lit up green now trying towrds the side border
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Exactly the same distance to the border before it turns green.

[​IMG]
    Trying with the backside - exactly the same issue and the same distance

Indoors - here there is a weird smaller distance vs the containers - chests and bag but not vs other jacks.
    [​IMG]
    Here can be observed that the Jack does not collide with the walls - instead it goes into them.
    The same thing can be done from the outside.

[​IMG]
    Here trying it close to the chest - doesn't work. The placed Jack can't go closer to the bag since that is blocking as well at the distance in the pic.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Rentier likes this.
  13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Since you commented in Discord about the old place I went there again as well.

[​IMG]
    Still can't place a Jack anywhere near the border.

However I can move the ones that you placed:
    [​IMG]
    In this pic you can see that I have moved the two Jacks that you placed, but that I still can't place the ones I have.

....and if I place the one I could move which you had placed, first into my inventory, and then try again to place it then I cannot.

So as soon as it has touched my inventory it is no longer placeable in the exact same spot that I got it from.
    *sigh*

I tried to put them into the Trunk and drag directly from there - still the same issue.

14. Lexie

@Spoon
    Well, this doesn't seem widespread...I think we need to take a look at your in-game settings further as you mention it happened to another one of your avatars. A few stabs in the dark here...
    Do you have anything keybound to toggle deco mode? That can disable click to drag when placing decorations.
    If you are comfortable with it, I recommend resetting all keybinds and then re-customize from there. Just in case it is something else in here that I may have overlooked.

Halloween shall be SAVED!

15. Alley Oop

@Lexie, how did the previous bug with the lamppost get resolved? (...or did it? i was doing that on qa and never made one in live, i don't think)

16. Lexie

@Alley Oop
    Fixed in June. This one here can be placed outside as outside lot deco, but it is really weird that he cannot place it in certain situations.
    I'm keeping an open mind that this is a very situational bug, I just don't know what to submit with the report just yet. The more details I have on this, the better.

@Spoon
    It would be helpful to know if any of the others on the house(s) are hitting the same issues you are - by trying the exact same steps - if you can get one of them to possibly check?

17. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes. I have bound deco mode to hyphen [-].
    However that is not it. Since I have toggled it on and off several times during this.
    I always have deco mode set to off as to not move something while not wanting to.
    So I have tested in both on/off.

Also the binding can't really be the issue.
    Since it is a specific and exact distance on multiple lots in multiple different scenes.

You have the earlier report on it.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ce-replace-jack-o-lantern-outside-home.89787/

Also both @Dartan Obscuro and @coretar reporting that they cannot place it either in this topic alone.

• If I place it as POT deco it is doing what it is supposed to. No problems at all, no weird collisions or any weird distances.

18. Lexie

@Spoon
    That's one report from May. With it being several releases ago, I'd treat it as a brand new bug at this point :)
    I sent you an in-game friend invite. I think to nip this in the bud it may just be easier if we're both on the lot at the same time.

19. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

OK, so new test in Lux Santuary with a guildie.

• This time we tested on a Chapter House lot with no building on it.
    • Which means that him being a Member in the guild he has Kindred access to the lot.
    • I first tested and had the exact same issue as before - 6m from edge of lot can't place
    • I traded that very same Jack to him
    • He tried it in the middle and it worked fine, he tried to place close to edge and can't place
    • Then he placed it further in again and let it be
    • I then moved the Jack he had placed - and now I can move it all the way over to the edge - so I can then do what he couldn't
    • I then picked it up and placed the Jack in my inventory
    • Then dragged it out to place - the issue is back - can't place it 6m from edge
    • I then placed it back in the exact location where my guildie left it
    • But from there I cannot move it close to the edge - but now he can drag it from where I placed it and then he can move it close to the edge

9/20/2017 12:06 AM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/Lux Sanctuary
    Area Display Name: Lux Sanctuary
    Loc: (-193.3, 26.0, 289.4)
    Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8THV4IFNhbmN0dWFyeXwoLTE5My4yNzIsIDI2LjA0MywgMjg5LjQ0NCl8KDAsIDAuNDEsIDAsIC0wLjkxMil8LTQwOC4zMzE0fDQ2LjI3MDgxfDQuMTE3ODY5

Alley Oop likes this.
  20. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.