Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Can't enter Highvale

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Tinstaafl, Feb 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinstaafl

Tinstaafl Avatar

Title: Can't enter Highvale
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? 70%
    Details: I'm a visitor and started on Path of Courage in Battle of Highvale. I have finished all tasks in Highvale Outskirts (including Bogman and Two Stones Crypt; I have received the Banner), and I've received at least 4 tasks in Resolute requiring me to get back to Highvale, yet I can't enter it. Except of 2 or 3 crashes, the only possibly unusual think, that I recall, is getting to Resolute very early... almost immediately after finishing the Battle of Highvale.
    Thanks to Nick Cold I have found a workaround - I can enter being in party and following my party leader in, but it seems to cause some more problems with my account. Before "force entering" Highvale there was only 1 discrepancy with my tasks: finished and impossible to do again Obsidian Sniper task still showing on my compass (could this be the cause?). When I pushed myself into the Highvale with Nick's help, I have finished 2 more tasks there: Take Cyanis report to Godbert (which I can't do nothing more about, have received reward, but it still shows in my Journal) and Find news about Cyanis (also received reward for, it's no longer in Journal, but still on compass). Please, unbug my avatar.
    Steps to Reproduce: Get to Highvale with my avatar, click on enter or press E, while mouse rests on enter button.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz (4) System RAM: 8030
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 940M GPU RAM: 4065
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.728.Date.01.30.18
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (-191.9, 18.8, 97.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgtMTkxLjkwNCwgMTguODE5LCA5Ny4wMjYpfCgwLCAtMC4xMDgsIDAsIDAuOTk0KXwzNDguMjR8NjQuNjIzNzN8MjA=

Edit: I went to Blood River by foot/wagon/boat. I've spoke with magistrate Robert Villines, but it has not been acknowledged in my Journal. He offered me just 1 quest, that I was prompted, that can only be accepted, when I'm no longer a visitor. Then I used the Rift to get to Highvale. In Highvale Cyanis still needs me to deliver his report to Godbert, but doesn't actually give me another copy of the report. In Resolute Godbert thanks for previously delivered report, no reward is given and the quest is still active in Journal. Arabella in no way acknowledges the fact, that I've even been to Blood River.
    I can't be sure, it Blood River quest not working for me is matter of my avatar being bugged, or is it scripted in such way, that it's necessary to enter Blood River by Rift. If the later is the case, it wouldn't sit too well with the sandbox idea, IMHO.
    I've have already decided to buy the starter bundle, but probably will delay it to test a bit more visitor's experience.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Fix is coming in R51. Bug #: 55482. The issue is specific to trial users returning back to Highvale. Not all will hit this, as it depends on the order of which you take.
    I'm sorry for the trouble @Tinstaafl and thank you for writing this up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.