Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Can't learn warding skills unless the skill above it is learnt

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by jiirc, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

05/28/2019 09:19
    Title: Can't learn warding skills unless the skill above it is learnt
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Sort of
    Details: My understanding of the new warding skills is that they can be learnt without learning any skills in the tree. So for Water warding you wouldn't have to learn any skills in the water tree. The tooltip descriptions say that you need a Blue Blood Level of zero. However you must not get skill level of 0 until you unlock the skill (or some other weird comparision is being made). The master trainer wouldn't teach me the Fire Warding skill until I unlocked Blue Blooded. I went to other master magic trianers and saw the same behavior. [Checking out tactics trainer as well.]
    Steps to Reproduce:
    (Fire warding is an example)
    1) Find a magic tree with minimum skills. (A tree where you haven't learnt the skill above the warding skill yet.) For the fire warding skill in the water tree, you can't have learnt the Blue Blooded skill yet.
    2) Visit the master trainer for the skill tree. (Water trainer in Ardoris)
    3) Try to learn the warding skill in that tree. (You can't buy the skill yet.) For the Water tree that is Fire Warding.
    4) Raise your skills so that the skill above the warding skill can be learnt (raise it to 40). For the Water tree that is Icy Breath needs to be 40 so that you can learn the Blue Blooded skill.
    5) Go back to the trainer and learn the skill. For the Fire Warding skill you would learn Blue Blooded.
    6) Once you've learnt skill bove the warding skill, you can learn the warding skill. For Fire Warding you learn Blue Blooded and then you can learn Fire Warding.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 661 @ 3.33GHz (4) System RAM: 12222
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 4053
    SotA.QA.Win.64.834.Date.05.24.19
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (45.9, 53.0, -68.1)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KDQ1Ljg2OCwgNTMuMDA2LCAtNjguMTMzKXwoMCwgMC4wMDUsIDAsIDEpfDM2MS44Njg3fDIyLjE2ODM1fDIuODQwODI2

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  2. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for the report! Issue 64935

3. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Just fixed this. It will be in the first live build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.