Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Can't login

Discussion in 'Release 42 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Wintermute of CoF, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I get "The given username and password do not match our records."

Tried the same credentials in a private browser window and was able to login to the forum with them (literally copying and pasting the same thing as used in the game).

I am on Linux. I would post the full system specs, but I can't get to /bug if I can't login.

Tried typing password directly and it worked, so either a transient issue or the old Linux copy/paste thing.

Lexie and liz_the_wiz like this.
  2. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

OK, there's definitely something going on here, because I had exactly the same problem on my home PC, but it's not a critical issue. If I copy and paste the password from my browser's password manager and then either hit return or the login button then I fail to login. If I copy and paste the password from my browser's password manager and then hit backspace exactly once and then hit return or the login button then I login successfully. Shroud is somehow appending a single character to the password text when I'm copying and pasting.

Barugon likes this.
  3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I submitted a bug on this (Barugon had info on this as well). Thank you both.

Wintermute of CoF likes this.
  4. vinterkind

vinterkind Avatar

Well, I still encounter this problem: "The given username or password do not match our records. Please check your spelling and try again".
    Copy-Pasting my password does not work. I've changed it several times now. I've even reinstalled the Launcher. I've checked the keyboard settings (spelling) ...
    My login is not affected, so I always can connect to the SotA-Page, view my profile, change my password and so on.
    Any news about this? R46, W10

5. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

This was a bug that only affected Linux and has since been fixed. Whatever problem you're having it's likely something different.

6. vinterkind

vinterkind Avatar

Thank you then. I haven't tried Linux so far. I'll try that now. :)
    I hope the outcome's different ... I've got to wait for R47 elseways.

EDIT: Same problem on Linux: "The given username or password do not match our records. Please check your spelling and try again", Forum, Webpage all accessible.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.