Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Completing "Daddy's Girl" quest in Highvale Outskirts does not clear it from sidebar

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Widsith [MGT], Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

It does seem to be gone from the Journal. Build 750.

2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

+1 for me the same problem.

3. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

I'm afraid I couldn't repro your problem. @Lexie Can you see if you can repro this? It's a straight forward quest, so I don't think I missed a step. @Widsith [MGT] and @Feeyo - could we get some more details on the steps you took with this quest? Different players do things differently, so any details could help solve this. Thanks.

4. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Puuk @Lexie The only thing that I can think of is that I found the necessary letter without having talked to any NPCs who knew about 'Michael', though that was suggested by the journal/sidebar entry. Taking it to Hyla cleared the task from the journal AFAICT, but not from the sidebar.

It was, however, eventually cleared when I completed a different quest, the one about the helm of courage. Odd. At the same time, one of the 'echo' related tasks also cleared from the sidebar, though I had not completed it (talk to someone who knows about ghosts/echoes). The latter task remains in my journal.

Chatele likes this.
  5. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

@Puuk @Lexie
    A terrible mechanic, but exiting the program completely and then logging back in seems to be clearing this and some other problems in the Highvale Outskirts.
    I had Speak with Esmeralda stuck in the sidebar after I already talked to Byrnes at the end (I clicked "frostgeist", this added it erroneously).
    I also had the kobold book disappear from inventory while talking with the kobold (I got it beforehand). Took a full logout to clear it.
    To someone new, these are deal breakers.

6. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Looking into the problem - bug #57374.

7. Wilthryth

Wilthryth Avatar

I followed the directions of the quest and after providing Hyla with her father's note I was given a copy of it. But, although I got credit for completing the quest, I had the suggestion to speak to others about Hyla's missing father reappear in my task bar. I also have Horatio's task of speaking to Burn's reappear. Nothing seems to clear either of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.