Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Consumables are used from my backpack/quiver first

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Barugon, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

10/22/2017 4:07 PM
    Title: Consumables are used from my backpack/quiver first.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No.
    Details: Consumables are used from my equipped backpack/quiver before they are used from my main inventory. For instance, I have some mandrake in my quiver for spell casting. I placed more mandrake in my main inventory for crafting but all the mandrake in my quiver was used first. Consumables in my main pack should be used first.
    Steps to Reproduce: See "Details".
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 32164
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 8192
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Linux.64.577.Date.10.20.17
    Area: BasementSceneDungeonVillage_2Floor
    Area Display Name: Village Stone 2-Story Basement
    Loc: (17.7, 5.0, 9.6)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZUR1bmdlb25WaWxsYWdlXzJGbG9vcnx8KDE3LjY2NCwgNS4wMDcsIDkuNjM2KXwoMCwgMC43MTMsIDAsIDAuNzAxKXwxMDUuOTUyM3wzNi4yMDF8NS4xMjcwMg==

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Submitted: 52130

Thanks

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Barugon
    @Attenwood

This is not just consumables but also true for crafting resources as well.

All searches/selections goes in alphabetical order BUT top to bottom first - which means that it will ALWAYS go through containers first and inventory last.

The only current workaround to get the searches/selection pick what you want is to rename a container to AAA and put what you want picked in that.

So for instance if you have apples of both 2g and 0g values and want to do some apple pies in a batch - then the batch search/select will always take the 2g first because they always list above the 0g version. (probably due to GUID or something with the 2g version being created before the 0g version).
    So what you do is you use the workaround with that AAA container and put the 0g apples in there. Then the search/select of the batches will catch those apples first.
    Unfortunately it doesn't work for tool selection, since after batch1 use, the tool goes back to inventory - so if you had three 100/100 tools in a bag, it will use all three once first and place all three in inventory before using the same one consistently after that.

Same thing with things like Teleport Scrolls etc, if you want one consumed before another (like the 3 we get initally) then you need to place them in that AAA container.

Which is a really frustrating thing.

Its been the same since at least R36 or something.

But the worst of the worst is if a recipe contains the container as one of the ingredients then *sigh* it will always select your AAA first... Like Caltrops which use a Small Bag as in ingredient.
    Or like with the new recipe for the Bulletin Flyers which takes a paper - then if you have a used paper with text written on it - like a letter written on paper from a friend - the game will always select that over Blank Paper if its got the wrong name. *sigh*

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Crafting resources are consumables.

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

???
    In common english - yes, in the game - no.
    In game it is a Venn diagram. Not all consumables are crafting resources, and not all crafting resources are consumables. Although the overlap is big.

Just wanted to clarify that this isn't limited to what the game calls "consumables".
    In the GUI then there are tabs for different types of objects, one of those tabs are "consumables" but this issue is not limited to objects listed in that tab but rather extends to all types of objects.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You consume them on use. Also, my example in the OP is for crafting.

7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I don't understand what you want with that statement that wasn't already answered by what you quoted? "In common english - yes, in the game - no."

In the game the definition is different/tighter than in its common use in everyday english.

Yes in common english something which is consumed on use is a consumable.
    However, no, in the game the definition is different. Instead it is a flag for things you can drag to hotbars and put in decks. You can see that more limited definition in the Player Instructions.
    A "Small Bag" for instance doesn't have that flag and is therefore not considered a consumable by the game, even though you and I would be correct in using the term in everyday conversation.

Now since the definition of the term differ from our everyday use to in game use, then I thought a clarification was prudent for the bug report since the devs could have interpreted that to be limited to the in game definition.

So in context I don't follow what your repetition of your statement signifies?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.