Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Corner walls problem? - READ THIS FOR THE SOLUTION!

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by ErikRulez, Aug 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

8/31/2017 12:21 PM
    Title: Walls moved from original positions and placed at front of plot
    Reproduction Rate:?
    Blocker?no
    Details:Two of the corner walls on the lot were moved from their positions and placed at the head of the lot splitting another wall section. I should be able to move them back but it seems i'll have to shift things around to fit them again.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 16356
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 GPU RAM: 1990
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.651.Date.08.31.17
    Area: Novia_R1_PlayerVillage_01/Novia_R1_PlayerVillage_01.01
    Area Display Name: Aldhaven
    Loc: (-44.1, 27.1, 55.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfUGxheWVyVmlsbGFnZV8wMXxOb3ZpYV9SMV9QbGF5ZXJWaWxsYWdlXzAxLjAxfCgtNDQuMTEsIDI3LjA1NiwgNTQuOTU5KXwoMCwgMC4yNTEsIDAsIC0wLjk2OCl8LTQxMy44OTA3fDQxLjA4OTU1fDcuODM5OTM3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

If you don't move the fence yourself, it should be fixed in a patch later today or tomorrow morning.

Lexie likes this.
  3. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Oops, too late :)

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yes, we just found out people should let this be and it will be fixed on its own in the next path :)
    Stickying this thread to spread the awareness....

If you guys get this issue, and surely others are - just let it be and you won't have to worry about fixing this yourself per our devs :)

Edit: Thanks to our QA testers for catching this on QA, as it was reported earlier. This is just an update on the fix :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This issue should be fixed in 652.

6. Zurthock

Zurthock Avatar

@BurningToad
    @Attenwood

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the same issue described in this post, but I used to be able to place 6 regular rusted iron greenhouses on my Town Lot.
    I've been trying for days now on our POT "Chateau du Lys" to replicate the same layout I did on my initial Town Lot to a second Town Lot I've purchased but without success. I claimed over 5 different Town Lots on the island and never was able to reproduce the layout shown below (which is still up on my 1st Town Lot):

***FRONT VIEW*** (greenhouses numbers)

[​IMG]

***SIDE VIEW*** (greenhouses numbers)

[​IMG]

***BACK VIEW*** (greenhouses numbers)

The red and blue circles will be explained further down.

[​IMG]

***WORKING SETUP SIDE TO SIDE SETUP / FACING ONE ANOTHER***

In this picture I'm facing 2 greenhouses placed side to side at the back of the lot (in the middle of the 4 greenhouses forming a square, 5 facing 3 and 6 facing 4). The red and blue circles will be zoomed in further in the next picture and show you how they overlap at one point *now* (which they didn't when I originally placed them). Originally, there was enough room to separate them completely, leaving a small amount of free space in between, but for cosmetic reason I left none.

[​IMG]

***WORKING SETUP SIDE TO SIDE SETUP / FACING ONE ANOTHER (Zoomed in)***

As you can see in this picture below, the top part of the right greenhouse (3) overlaps the top part of the left one (4) and the top connection no longer matches the bottom one. The top part section of the right greenhouse (3), when moving the camera, is flickering as if, for a second, it would align with the bottom part.

[​IMG]

***NON-WORKING SETUP SIDE TO SIDE SETUP***

As you can see below, on my 2nd Town Lot, there is no way to align 2 regular rusted iron greenhouses side by side on the width anymore (3-4 or 5-6 on my 1st Town Lot). I've tried really carefully for hours, using a 250 DPI mouse speed settings, on different lots and it is just impossible.

[​IMG]

Is this intended? Part of this actual bug which wasn't all resolved? Or simply a new one?

Thanks for taking the time to look into this,
    Z.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    StarLord and K1000 like this.
  7. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I have my 6 greenhouses laid out on a Town Lot. I think my configuration is different than yours, so posting a screenshot of mine in case you want to see if it will work on yours.

[​IMG]

Here is some info on how I laid this out:
    - The lot marker is all the way on the right side
    - Placed 2 greenhouses side by side with backs facing lot marker and doors facing opposite end of lot
    - Placed 2 greenhouses side by side with doors facing opposite edge of lot opposite from lot marker
    - Placed 2 greenhouses side by side, back to back with the 2 greenhouses just placed
    - have room in center area for well, additional planting beds, container, basement hatch, and other various deco.

Hope that helps.

Tip: I sometimes will plant "Medium" types of seeds inside the greenhouse and "Quick" type seeds in the planters in the middle... all at the same time. Since the greenhouses cut the growth/watering times in half, this effectively puts both types on the same watering/harvesting cycles and you can do both kinds at the same time. :D

Solazur likes this.
  8. Zurthock

Zurthock Avatar

@Daxxe Diggler

Thank you very much for all this info. You must have setup your greenhouses some time ago, because as mentioned in my post, there's no way to place 2 greenhouses side by side on the width anymore. I've tried all configurations:

2x greenhouses side by side (width)-->facing both outside the lot (edge of the lot)
    2x greenhouses side by side (width)-->1x facing outside and 1x facing inside the lot (edge of the lot)

2x greenhouses side by side (width)-->facing both outside the lot (middle of the lot)
    2x greenhouses side by side (width)-->1x facing outside and 1x facing inside the lot (middle of the lot)

*Something has changed, either in the lot/greenhouse sizes or the "collision detection" of the greenhouses maybe-->When did you placed your greenhouses? Mine (1st Town Lot with 6 greenhouses) were placed I believe 2 releases ago or at the beginning of the last one.

Thanks again for sharing the info again:)!!!

Tips for you: My layout allows on the outside:

- 3 Large Beds
    - 3 Medium Beds
    - 28 Single Pots

Total= 118 additional outside single plants. (how about you, with your layout how many plants can you place outside?

Thank you,
    Z.

9. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Honestly, I only placed a few extra beds since I had extras so not sure how many other planting spots I could have. I know if I removed the well and all the deco and just left space for planters... I could fit 2 large beds, 4 medium beds, and a bunch of single pots down the middle.

10. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Zurthock Your issue is a separate issue, and should be opened in a different thread of its own. I would guess that lot sizes have changed (probably accidentally) at some point. I hit this same issue on a village lot back before magic moves was added, so the time that this changed is most likely around R41/R42?

11. Zurthock

Zurthock Avatar

@Mishikal

Thank you very much for letting me know that I should open this in a new thread, I'll do that.

Thanks again,
    Z.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.