Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Courage can be Frigid

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by avatarPally, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avatarPally

1. Title: Courage can be Frigid
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? (for the quest, yes)
    4. Details: Geistesser appears to be spawned but not attackable or selectable, been like this all night, quest mob.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Complete looking-glass quest chain and its the final quest object to do, enter Geistesser lair. He talks about being dead and getting me next time whenever I zone in, but that's it.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  2. Tigey

Tigey Avatar

Can confirm. Geistesser appears dead (defeated). Does not respawn or reactivate. Have been waiting for 20 minutes.

3. Krovavykh

Krovavykh Avatar

Any answers to this? He is dead for me too and won't respawn.

4. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Anyone try looting the dead Geistesser? Currently, the respawn timer is set to 180 seconds IF the corpse has been completely looted.

@avatarPally As for the "alive" geistesser not being targetable or not fighting, I don't have an answer for that. I tried it this morning and the geistesser agro'd me without a hitch. Did you try logging off and then back in?

Let me know if this happens again AND if you can't loot the dead geistesser. You should be able to loot the corpse if someone else killed it and left it after ~5 minutes from its demise (the kill ownership is set to 5 minutes, after which anyone can loot the corpse).

Another way around this problem is to go into single player online mode, where you can get the geistesser all to yourself.

5. avatarPally

It stayed like this for hours last night.

Geistey was DEAD, EMPTY CORPSE, with the corpse name that he was quite dead, and a corpse. Even though his dead corpse was talking to me that he'd exact his revenge in my chat.

His alive name was also there, hovering above the spikes. Unattackable, untargetable.

---

Play in "single player"?? it sells me I need to create a new character, when I go into single, so I don't think that's going to help.

Eventually something like 3 hours later he finally spawned. I couldn't even get him to half life. Someone came in, didn't party me, didn't even so much as say hi, and 3-hit the mob, and took off. I was able to loot thankfully as I possibly got one hit off.

Sick of the toxicity on the forums acting like being more social is the answer here. This quest has about six defects as well as multiple parts of the quest that are either misleading or don't update at all. Or having to click on "part 2" multiple times throughout the quest for the freaking mirrors to activate. One part of the quest, the quest log disappears.

Calling friends unless they're on this exact part is useless because they port back in town and can't go through the mirrors. I know why you don't want people to teleport because it'd screw up the quest, but it stinks getting all the way there and the mob being basically boss-level at tier 1. Asking for help is useless because the only people still around are stuck on getting to that part, everyone who completes it leaves. Although I know you guys probably don't want him farmed. It's a difficult situation. Maybe have an npc helper or something you can group up with for the fight? I don't know...

Never ran into both such an incredible and such an atrociously obnoxious quest before. The whole time I was shaking my head reminding myself why I never completed this quest in beta.

Is the answer really that somewhere early on, someone didn't loot the damn mob so he sits there for hours on end? Common, that can't be proper design...

I'm trying not to rant here, and I know the quests are fine having some mystery and clues and stuff but come on. My friend spent like 4 hours trying to find "hard evidence" on another quest. I never tested this stuff in the beta because I couldn't even get past the first steps and nothing's changed. :-( People are going to see this stuff, uninstall, and never look back. Not everyone's as patient as we are. :-( And I want this game to be successful!

6. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

Corpses are supposed to despawn in 3-5 minutes, regardless of being looted or not. It's not proper design to have them stick around and not respawn. I'd like to get a solid repro case where we can make it bug out - it would help tremendously. I've been trying to reproduce this for the better part of the morning and so far I'm not having any luck.

If any of you see this happen please include the version # you are playing on.

7. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Looking into the problem - bug #57374.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.