Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Crash to desktop approaching vendor in Owl's Head

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Wintermute of CoF, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

01/06/2017 22:51
    Title: Crash to desktop approaching vendor in Owl's Head
    Reproduction Rate: 4/4
    Blocker? N
    Details: As I approach the vendor in the screenshot I crash to desktop. Doesn't matter how long the game has been running (same crash by immediately reloading and doing the same thing) so it's not memory leak related, something is coming into range which is causing a crash.
    Steps to Reproduce: Stand at location below; run towards vendor visible in screenshot
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 32099
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 6144
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Linux.64.614.Date.05.30.17
    Area: OwlsHead
    Area Display Name: Owl's Head
    Loc: (120.6, 86.2, 273.3)

[​IMG]

2. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

@Alley Oop came to check things out, this is a screenshot of the avatar walking in place after crashing.

[​IMG]

And another:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  3. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Excerpt from Player.log at point of crash:

Code:
    Total=15,Master=False,SceneId=OwlsHead,timeScale=1.00,SetActorProperties:4,RaiseViewEventUnreliable:4,LoadAgricultureData:3,GetInteractiveObjectStates:2,Ping:1,Room=0ea6e587-a4dd-4fd0-baf8-ce59b4a74b3e
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/user32.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/libuser32.dll.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/./user32.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/./libuser32.dll.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/user32.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/user32
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/libuser32.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/./user32
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/./libuser32.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/user32
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/libuser32.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/libuser32.dll.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/./libuser32.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/./libuser32.dll.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/libuser32.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/libMonoSupportW.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/./libMonoSupportW.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/robert/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/x86_64/libMonoSupportW.so
    PlayerQueuedSongRPC
    Play - False - True

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Well we did narrow down one thing.. You guys see something I dont the moondial but, there is music about... and it maybe that.

[​IMG]

Wintermute of CoF likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

note that @liz_the_wiz did not crash, though there were fps issues

6. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

@Wintermute of CoF Does it continue to crash also after you turn off all name plates including the name plates of the Player Owned Vendors?

7. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I'm not crashing but it did take just a tad longer to load. I have everything in Nameplates and Chat Bubbles checkmarked.
    I'm also not seeing the moondial (like Liz) but I wonder if perhaps the homeowner moved it.
    Bug submitted: 46694.

8. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

It wasn't crashing for Liz, but she is on Windows and both Alley and myself are on Linux - so I think it is a platform specific bug. Liz was getting the same thing you were, basically a big hitch.

9. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

I ran into either the same bug or a similar one in a POT near Twin Foothills, Jade something I think. I thought it was the game crashing from an out-of-memory error, but it did reoccur immediately on reload. I'm also on Linux.

10. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

Jade Valley.

11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

not happening in qa 509

Wintermute of CoF likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.