Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Critical bug on dodge mechanics (at least for offline)

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Sir Leonard, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Title: Critical bug on dodge mechanics - at least for Offline play
    Reproduction Rate: 100%

Blocker? (Well, you die A LOT faster!)

Details:
    I was tinkering a lot with the game lately and found out a probably severe bug with the dodge mechanics (at least for offline mode).

While calculating your dodge chance, the game should consider the following:
    - Your Combat Dodge Modifier (from skills, gear, etc);
    - Half of your Dex;

AND I guess it was supposed to consider:
    1) If physical damage, dodge chance would be reduced by the caster's dex /4
    2) If magical damage, dodge would reduce by caster's Int or Dex /4 (which is bigger)

- But what i found out is that instead of reducing the dodge, the game is simply replacing your total dodge chance with the last consideration entirely. So instead of getting your real dodge, you'll be getting a much smaller value - the one of your enemy's dex/4 or int/4. So, yeah, guess... enemies pew* pew* - you're dead much easier than you should!

So i guess @Chris would want to take a look at this ASAP. If you wish, you can PM-me for more details! :)

I am marking this as critical because of possible grieving issues with high level players dying for their nemesis.

PS: This also makes low level mobs harder to kill for high end players, since their stats are much lower than yours.

Cheers! ;)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    ZeCarlos likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I've submitted this for review, but please don't forget your build #s by using /devbug because things can change considerably between builds. Especially on QA. Especially if you think it is critical.
    Thanks!

@Sir Leonard
    Bug #: 58288

Sir Leonard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.