Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Damage avoidance masterwork's giving incorrect values

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Armitage_, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armitage_

Armitage_ Avatar

1. Title: Inconsistent damage avoidance values from masterworking.
    2. Reproduction Rate: Unsure, needs further testing.
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: When masterworking items, the damage avoidance bonuses on the crafted item appear inconsistent. When a masterwork is applied that grants +1 damage avoidance, this seeems to consistently give +1% damage avoidance to the item, however when masterworks are applied that grant +2 or +3 damage avoidance, they give varying results depending on the item.
    I have noticed the following results:
    +3 masterworks give the following: +1.9% for plate,chain, bone, and cloth chests
    +2 masterworks give the following: +1.9% for shields, +1% for plate gloves & helms, +1% for leather boots
    I have not tested all combinations, these are just the ones I noticed.

I am not sure if incorrect numbers are being applied, or incorrect bonuses are displayed to the player during the crafting process, either way we need some consitency with this.
    1. Steps to Reproduce: masterwork crafted items, and view the results.
    2. User Specs: N/A

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Armitage_, does this describe the bug you're seeing or is there more to it?

3. Armitage_

Armitage_ Avatar

No this is different. In the known bug that you linked the masterwork numbers are halved for items like boots and gloves. This is different, where the numbers that are applied do not add up. Here are a couple of examples:

This is what I would consider being correct:
    [​IMG]
    The items base avoidance is 1%, with +1 damage avoidance masterwork, totaling 2%(1% + 1%) total avoidance.

Here is an item that I consider to be incorrect:
    [​IMG]
    The items base avoidance is 3%, with +3 damage avoidance from the masterwork. I would expect this item to have 6% total avoidance. However, you can see that the masterwork only gives 1.9% bonus to the item, for a total of 4.9% total.

This is doubly confusing as the masterwork bonus is +3, not +3%. I have no idea if this is a typo, or if there is another damage avoidance number that is hidden from the players. It is possible that this is correct, and there are diminishing returns on damage avoidance. If this is the case, then the masterwork text should be updated to reflect what the players are able to see.

Alley Oop likes this.
  4. Armitage_

Armitage_ Avatar

I can post lots of other examples if needed.

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Armitage_ You did a really great job explaining this, on what can be a very interesting (and fascinating to me!) - yet sometimes complex system. That's some good detective work :)

@Alley Oop Thank you for helping us eliminating the slot weight issue...that was my first instinct as well.

This is indeed something else. Bug #: 39932. The tool tips are not displaying the correct stats for DA. Luckily it is strictly a UI issue, but I can definitely see why you brought this up with some concerns. While people cannot get almost full Damage Avoidance like they used to be able to, this is not an issue with diminishing returns.

So the good thing is we know about it :) Bug is open. Sorry to confuse you, it confused me as well initially. And thanks again for digging in here.

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.