Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Data folder not found

Discussion in 'Release 41 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Syznow, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? y
    Details: see text below
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 32691
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058

================

When I launch the patcher it starts to run and then I get a popup with the message "There should be a 'Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data' folder next to the executable."

I had this problem last release with QA also, but reinstalling fixed the problem. This time I tried to reinstall (about 15 mins ago) and after downloading the installer and starting it I get this message before it begins to install the client.

This means I cannot install the QA client from the patcher at all.

I have looked at the installation directory and it does have a Launcher_Data folder with an output_log.txt and several other files. I do install the client to my D: drive, not to the default installation path on C:

If anyone at Portalarium needs the log files, please let me know where to email it or any other information from the attempted installation folder. But until I have some fix I cannot test any further on the QA server.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for reporting. Submitting this issue to our team for further review.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Upon review, it's possible this may be an old installation location. Our first recommendation would be to uninstall the game and make sure that that folder is completely empty as well before attempting to reinstall to a new desired location. There are actually two Launcher Data folders. The specific one that's needed is the Shroud of the Avatar Launcher Data folder.

4. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

I had already done a complete uninstall and removed the old installation folder and then downloaded the installer from the DEV+ R41 and reinstalled prior to reporting this problem. I was hoping that would solve the problem, but it did not.

The data folder in my installation directory is "Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data".

Luckily my normal game install is thru Steam so I dont have this issue. But switching back and forth between Qa and release clients thru steam just eats too much of my monthly download quota from ISP. Is it possible that the two versions are somehow conflicting?

5. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Could you send me the contents of the output_log.txt file in the "Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data" data folder? Make sure you copy the file after you run the launcher and get the error (this file resets each time you run the launcher.) You can just copy/paste the contents of the file into a private forum message to me.

6. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

I have still not heard anything as a solution to this problem. Now release 42 Qa is in progress and I still cannot install because this same error persists.
    I had opened a private conversation with the log info requested during the last release and hoped that I could get get R42 installed when it became available, but still ahve the exact same issue. Is there no further progress on this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.