Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Death to Self

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Solazur, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

So I was testing a new (to me) skill.."Sneak Attack". I kill a mob.. then I'm suddenly dead... combat log says I killed myself.. WTF?

[​IMG]
    This really is an annoying thing as I have little enough time to play w/o re-earning XP

2. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

you have lost XP with this suicide?

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Solazur
    We need more info please. Were you flagged, was there any lag, where was this....anything unusual you can think of happening at the time that you may think will help. It's definitely not 100% reproducible.

4. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Would you like me to send you a copy of my entire combat log? I thought those things were available to devs.. No I was not flagged.. I was just testing out a new skill in the approach to the shuttered eye.. there was nothing unusual at all.. unless it was the absence of lag lol. This isn't the first time I've had a death to self... I've also had them in my basement with my practice dummy (no not training tap Soul) If I'd had low health at the time I would have suspected the (I think known) bug that can show "death by self" when he culprit was actually a rend from a mob. Such wasn't the case here however.

yep I did

5. Lexie

I promise you I wouldn't ask if it didn't help us help you :) It's like a needle in a haystack and even then we still don't always get the full idea of what YOU saw on screen. And it may not even be related to something in the combat log at all....the Player Bug Report Template mentioned at the top of this page here often helps.

Thanks for sharing what you know. I'll submitting the bug report now. Let us know if you find any commonality later (only happens when a pet is out, certain buffs) anything like that. It's just if you happen to notice something.

Your bug report # is 47095
    I'm sorry this happened and we will investigate.
    @Solazur

Solazur likes this.
  6. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

@Lexie

heh, sry.. I kinda suk at bug reporting. Half the time I don't even think of it when it occurs.. it dawns on me later

7. Lexie

It's all good. When an issue occurs it is never expected, so it's not like you will have everything you just did memorized and ready to go. I get it :)

Solazur likes this.
  8. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Solazur Unfortunately our tech team was unable to reproduce this issue internally. If you find a way to reproduce this issue, or pinpoint a cause, please rereport and let us know asap.

Thanks for reporting.

Solazur likes this.
  9. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

heh it's all good.. y'all can't duplicate the "mystery house" in my PoT either :).. will be sad to have to say bye to that when I change biomes

thanks for lookin though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.