Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Dragon AI in Southern Grunvald Barrens seems bugged and Bosses should be harder

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by GrayFog, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Killed a few Times the Dragon in Southern Grunvald Barrens yesterday.

Heavy Pathing issues thought there are some sweet spots where the pathing seems to be normal.
    But overall the Dragon's Pathing sometimes is really wierd.

But the main problem i have is that the Dragon quite often stands still for 10-20 seconds not doing anything, like he is frozen or something or doesn't have any target, which allows me then to hit him constantly in the back for 10-20 seconds.
    This ofc. massively increases my damage output and its health then drops very quick.

Happens very often, atleast in Melee.

On a side note, it is quite sad that i can solo a Dragon with 2h and plate :/
    In theory i could now even solo the Clockwork Dragon, but it is taking too long :p not really worth it :p
    But i am still sad that this is possible.

Make bosses harder, maybe even add different Phases/mechanics for various bosses depending on their health.
    Example for Dragon:
    - Phase 1 Health 100% - 75%: normal as it is now
    - Phase 2 Health 74% - 50%: adds: keeps flying in the air for 10 seconds and constantly spits fire at multiple targets
    - Phase 3 49%-25%: adds: super wider AOE hits on all targets whenever he makes his tail turn arround.
    - Phase 4 24%-0%: adds double or even tripple claw hits to his attacks which means the tank should be healed to 100% all the time.

I know AI is quite a lot of work, but IMO you shouldn't be able to solo any Dragon/Boss without atleast an Healer in your back.

Veronique of Lowlands likes this.
  2. Vero

Vero Avatar

It looks like the Dragon is easyer to kill now then before. I think the damage can be mitigated a bit too much with buffs aswel. Combine that with the AI @GrayFog is talking about and a dragonfight is fairly easy

In this video the 'standing still' part happens a few times. (the fight even starts with the dragon standing still for a bit)

GrayFog likes this.
  3. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Thanks, your example exactly shows some pathing issues and expecially the "standing still" issue.
    For me sometimes the dragon was standing still for a very very long time and i could reduce its health by like 3k+ in that timeframe which resulted in an very very quick kill of the Dragon.

4. Vero

Vero Avatar

Yeah sometimes the dragon just chills for quite a long time! The Elder Wyvern, clockwork dragon, drag in the rise, dragsisters etc.. same story

GrayFog likes this.
  5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Bug #: 49351 created, thank you

6. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Thanks.

This is getting really ridiculous.

Just had one fight where right on the start i could drop the dragon down to 3k because he was doing nothing for an very long time.
    Killed the Dragon in just about 2 Minutes o_O...

@Scrambler, do something :D

7. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

When we kill the dragon I usually go in to tank and build aggro first and then additional dps joins in. I have noticed that the dragon seems to "freeze" more often when I am the only one hitting him. When pets or additional dps join in (especially additional melee dps) he is more likely to start moving around.

GrayFog likes this.
  8. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Dragon is so easy becouse of only one glyth - fortify defence, nerf it and it will be again pretty hard.

9. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

not really...

Even with just Glancing Blow and Shield of Ice you are good to go.

IMO the AI is just lacking. Not saying that balance needs some work too. But the AI is just too simple, imo.

10. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Now a 1 Minute kill, because he didn't do anything for the entire fight!

11. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

Looking into this now. Thanks for the bug write-up.

GrayFog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.