Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] End of Love Quest

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by ashmaul, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashmaul

ashmaul Avatar

First Account:
    I talk to Sequanna and Samael at the end of the quest line and these issues.

Sequanna: When I say anything with the word Heart in the sentence the chat window closes.
    Samael: when I say anything with Ring in the sentence the chat window closes. Some times he says he does not want to talk about that yet.

My quest log says I am at this part:
    (Speak with Samael)
    I spoke to Sequanna, the Titan of love, and Samael was able to discover what was holding her - his last regret, his ring. I should ask him of his ring.

I heard after that I should try to type this in : "air crackling"

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I just opened a bug for someone else who has this issue, bug #: 49337.
    I've added your info to it. Thank you.

3. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Reposting what I added in another thread:

As a note I looked at these; what is happening is that Sequanna is (falsely) implying that Sameael is ready to be spoken with. If you are getting Samael to say "ask me of my ring" and then when you do he says "NO! Do not speak to me of this ring! Why did you bring me here, we must go back!", then you haven't resolved his desire to stay with his (now a ghost) wife. You will need to go back to Samael in the Warrens (near the entrance, by Muriel the ghost) and step through his dialogue until he says that he understands and is free of his need to be with her. (You should get messages to that effect as your words start to sway him.)

The bug right now is that the dialog with Sequanna and Samael where Samael isn't ready to come to terms with Muriel's death isn't firing correctly - that should prompt you that Samael's distress isn't resolved, but that isn't happening, thus the confusion.

In a future release we will have Samael act as a companion (similar to Necropolis) and thus he won't be with you until you release him - we will most likely have him hold one of the keys to the barrier to ensure that you have to finish that before the sequence with Anapa. But for right now, to fix, go talk to Samael by his ghostly wife until he says he's ready to continue, and then you will be able to finish the quest.

4. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Please don't. This is one of those perfect opportunities to give choices consequence. Make an alternate ending where you DON'T resolve Samael's issues. Have things be different depending on which you did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.