Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Entering Highvale through hills siege takes me back to the beginner Highvale Instance

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Kelly O'Shay, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

1/30/2018 3:46 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12212
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 GPU RAM: 2018
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.727.Date.01.30.18
    Area: Novia_R6_Hills04_01
    Area Display Name: Highvale Outskirts
    Loc: (77.7, 36.0, -299.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfSGlsbHMwNF8wMXx8KDc3LjcyMSwgMzYuMDA5LCAtMjk5LjM4KXwoMCwgMC45MiwgMCwgMC4zOTMpfDEzNC4wMzg1fC0wLjA2MDYwNjUyfDIuODgzNjA3

I wanted to just run into highvale and hop through the lunar rift. The lunar rift chronometer said I had 4 minutes to get there so I could go to owls head. There was a hills siege, so I just ran right through that and went into highvale.

When I appeared in highvale after running through the hills siege, I was not able to control my avater. My avatar was walking over to the dying guy with the amulet quest and he gave me the amulet and the gate key.

I said to myself, fine, I can still go through the moongate. But, thats when I realized that I was standing right by the moongate and it was not working. I brought up the mini-map, and it worked and verified my thought that I was standing at the moongate instead of the normal Highvale entrance road.

I tried to leave and re-enter to reset the quest version to the normal version of highvale. But, when I got the the gate, it was blocked with boards like it is for beginners. I went to the other gate and it was also blocked. I went back toward the keep area and another npc captured me and made me walk through the quest giving process. This one told me to take this wagon to highvale outskirts to continue on my way.

I double clicked the wagon and it took me to highvale outskirts.

The bug is, I did not reset any quests, so when I went into Highvale I should have gone to the Highvale for veteran players that has a working moongate.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there's a second bug there: highvale is not supposed to be sieged.

Rentier likes this.
  3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

huh. Very weird.
    @Kelly O'Shay
    Bug submitted: 55390, thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.