Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Equipped tools are not visible in inventory regardless of dialog setting

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Widsith [MGT], Aug 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

08/31/2017 12:38
    Title: Equipped tools are not visible in inventory regardless of dialog setting
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?Yes, can't repair gathering tools unless you have a spare of same type to equip
    Details: Neither Crafting or All Items tabs in Inventory window are showing equipped tools, not matter what the filter setting (from gear) is set. Makes it impossible to access or repair equpped tools that don't have an other UI such as crafting.
    Steps to Reproduce:Try it
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5675R CPU @ 3.10GHz (4) System RAM: 16384
    GPU: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 6200 GPU RAM: 1536
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.OSX.64.651.Date.08.31.17
    Area: RandomEncounter_Plains02/Predators_Tier5
    Area Display Name: Plains Encounter
    Loc: (27.7, 34.9, 7.4)
    Debug: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX1BsYWluczAyfFByZWRhdG9yc19UaWVyNXwoMjcuNzI5LCAzNC44NzcsIDcuNDI5KXwoMCwgLTAuODQzLCAwLCAwLjUzNyl8LTExNC45NDkzfDQ5LjI3MTk0fDIuMDQwMjAx

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Widsith [MGT]
    I am not able to repro. Whether I filter it to show or hide equipped tools, it responds appropriately.
    Please restart the client and see if the issue still persists

3. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Will do at first opportunity. I was seeing this regularly in R44 as well (OS X client)

4. Lexie

Hmm. We do have a bug report open on this: 50165, submitted yesterday, but I've never been able to repro this.
    Quitting seems to have fixed it for that person who reported it. We don't know what is causing it or what the 100% way to repro this would be just yet.
    @Widsith [MGT]

5. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lexie Client restart fixed it. I'll try to figure out what makes it disappear.

6. Lexie

Thank you! We've just never been able to repro but someone else said restarting the client fixed it.
    They were on Windows 10. If we find more out on it I will definitely add it to the open bug report.

7. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lexie Got some clues on this: The first time it happened, I'd been knocked off the game with an ALTAIR error while trying to enter Novia. I just got knocked off with a SEABREEZE (network problem on my end) and lo and behold my equipped tools are missing from inventory again. Hypothesis: This is a client state error caused by improper recovery/restart from an error condition.

Lexie likes this.
  8. Lexie

@Widsith [MGT] Very good to know! I think you are the first to have mentioned that. Thanks!

9. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lexie And one further detail: If I'm in the error state - no equipped tools shown - I can force an equipped tool back into visible inventory by equipping a similar (previously uneqipped) tool. If I then switch back, now I can see the previously invisible, and now re-equipped tool in inventory (greyed out), BUT none of the other equipped tools.

ETA: Now have a third instance of same. Patched and restarted client, got hit with a POTPIE error (again network trouble on my end) and yes indeed the equipped tools are gone again! I'm guessing you could replicate the problem just by unplugging your machine from the net long enough to force an error, then relogging and checking inventory.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.