Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[known]Flute of Defiance buff never goes away when playing stops

Discussion in 'Release 39 Bug Forum' started by Sara Dreygon, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

2/24/2017 5:36 AM
    Title: Flute of Defiance buff never goes away when playing stops
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Play the Flue of Defiance and the buff goes on you, if you stop playing and start doing whatever else like fighting, the buff just keeps applying to you and others permanently.
    Steps to Reproduce: Play the flute, get the buff, stop playing the flute
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 16278
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.559.Date.02.23.17
    Area: PRT_swamp_metropolis_01/Grumridge
    Area Display Name: Grumridge
    Loc: (-30.0, 38.8, 429.4)

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I got a harp of invigoration, give focus and health regen, but the buff is going away.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Submitted: 42139

Thanks!

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

@Attenwood Did a test with halte and foudn that if more than one person has a magic isntrument, the buffs of all magic instruments equiped in your party are applied if 1 person begins playing music.

Even if the person actually playing has a normal instrument, whatever equipped instruments are in range in party on any other players are applied to the party members. Even if there are people holdign magic instruments in range that are NOT in party, you still recieve their buff if you play.

Example: If 1 party memebr has a chaos lute, and another has an inspiring lute, and a third party member begins playign a normal lute, both the chaos buffs and inspiring buffs are applied to all party members in range.

If a party of 8 each had a different magic instrument equipped, and a single player outside party begins playing any abc music at all, all members of that party will begin recieving all 8 music buffs

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  5. Attenwood

Have you been able to reproduce this since it was first seen? We're having difficulty reproducing internally.Some more concrete repro steps would help immensely. :)

6. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

If I play the Harp of Invigoration (haven't tried the flute of defiance lately) for one second upon entering a scene, then stop playing the harp, for the entirety of the time I'm in that scene the buff just keeps resetting as if I'm still playing. I can go into The Rise, play a harp for a second, then have +4 combat focus health/focus regen and +8 non-combat health/focus regen for the next 15 hours that I fight at least until I leave the zone. This has been the case since R39 and still occurs as of yesterday.

@Attenwood

7. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Yes i have the same effects with mine. However i wonder how useful this item would be with bonus to combat health/focus regen and others like the +10% to attack speed If this was not the intended effect. There's is no point playing a flute, getting a 10% bonus to attack speed and it going in 10 seconds by time u got into combat....Just doesn't make sense, i think they are working as intended personally.

8. Attenwood

This should be fixed as of latest.

9. Emso Boydon

Emso Boydon Legend of the Hearth

While the harp of invigoration seems to work as intended now (solo), I have a lot o difficulties getting the bonus from embry's harp working now. It does work the first time, but almost every time it does not renew the effect when played again. I have to unequip it and equip it again.

Also, the effects of harp of invigoration seem to only effect the one playing it in the party now. I don't think that this is the way it is supposed to work. Either players in the party that have a music buff do not receive the buff of another player, if they have an ongoing music buff themselves, or the buff of the playing member supersedes the ongoing music buff of every player of the party. At the moment, only the player of the instrument gets the buff and that seems to be not the way it should be, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.