Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Game continues to start up in maximum video resolution in site of last setting

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Widsith [MGT], Mar 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

OS X QA build, 656 and 657

As in previous builds, the game ignores the previous video resolution settings (even though they are saved in config file) and starts up in the highest resolution of the current system video mode - 4096 in case of iMac Retina display default resolution. Lets you struggle with abysmal frame rate trying to reset before it POTPIEs, at every start up.

ETA: See also this post and following:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...rs-check-cloth-simulation.112843/#post-964450

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Our dev was not able to repro on his Mac. We are not able to repro on our QA mac machine, either. Since this is still happening, we need more info:

Full screen? Windowed? Which Retina monitor do you have? What resolution do you set it at and what does it revert to?
    To solve this, I think we're gonna have to get down to the nitty gritty details.

@Widsith [MGT]

3. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lexie I'm full screen on a Retina monitor, late-2015 iMac. There is a secondary monitor that is not used by SotA. I am currently set at 'default' on the OS X Displays config, which is 4096x resolution, but the same thing was also happening when I had it turned down to largest text size. I am setting resolution to 2048x resolution after I start up SotA. I previously, on request from one of the devs, determined that the game is in fact saving that info in its config, but is obviously ignoring/overriding it on the next startup. (And I'm not the only one, from the cited thread, so you might want to PM those who commented over there to see what they are experiencing - at least one was on Windows IIRC.)

4. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lexie Here is the Graphics/Display pane from the System Info utility on my machine. I'm running on the second (primary) display only. The old analog one just runs Discord and the forum when I'm on SotA. Perhaps having it on the same chipset is confusing Unity???

Code:
    Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200:

Chipset Model:   Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200
      Type:   GPU
      Bus:   Built-In
      VRAM (Dynamic, Max):   1536 MB
      Vendor:   Intel (0x8086)
      Device ID:   0x1622
      Revision ID:   0x000a
      Metal:   Supported
      Displays:
    770 Analog:
      Resolution:   1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
      Pixel Depth:   30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)
      Display Serial Number:   H4URA03280  
      Mirror:   Off
      Online:   Yes
      Rotation:   Supported
      Automatically Adjust Brightness:   No
      Connection Type:   Analog VGA or Analog Over DVI-I
      Adapter Firmware Version:    1.0b
    iMac:
      Display Type:   Built-In Retina LCD
      Resolution:   4096 x 2304 Retina
      Pixel Depth:   30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)
      Display Serial Number:   5A0210B4AB024
      Main Display:   Yes
      Mirror:   Off
      Online:   Yes
      Rotation:   Supported
      Automatically Adjust Brightness:   Yes
      Connection Type:   DisplayPort

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.