Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Game crash at soltown

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Kamuniak, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamuniak

Kamuniak Avatar

Well. I have already noticed that at R37 issues, and i was stopped to play (as it's impossible to play with this problem) now, i was testing if with this new release has solved this problem but not.

EDIT: Today when crash i see a window that says "Fatal error in gc, too many heaps" or something like this

1/4/2017 7:51 PM
    Title: Game crash at Soltown
    Reproduction Rate: always when moving camera or walking (when game needs to load architecture, i suppose)
    Blocker: obviously
    Details: game crashes repeatedly when walking around center of soltown or entering/leaving catacombs or leaving Soltown to Novia by the way (I've tried 3 times to leave Soltown with no favorable results)
    Steps to Reproduce: walk or move camera and just wait for the crash. By the moment I've only tested soltown.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (4) System RAM: 7129
    GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics GPU RAM: 1010
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.32.534.Date.12.23.16
    Area: Novia_R1_City_Soltown
    Area Display Name: Soltown
    Loc: (-106.8, 27.1, 9.0)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Mentioned in a similar report, it's possible your system may not meet our minimum system specs, which is tied to the issue observed.
    Minimum system specs can be observed here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=19

3. Kamuniak

Kamuniak Avatar

i don't see the difference with minimum specs and my laptop (only difference is i have a quad core 2,4 ghz and minimum specs are 2,7 ghz)
    but, just for knowledge, why i can play without any crash (even in Ardoris) in offline mode, but in online mode it's impossible??? if i don't reach minimum specs in online, i wouldn't reach in offline mode...

4. Attenwood

My first glance saw System RAM at 7129. Minimum specs lists a desired 8 GB.

Are you playing on Steam or our independent client? If one, I might recommend trying the other.

5. Kamuniak

Kamuniak Avatar

I'm playing by your client, I don't like steam stuff. And yes, I know my laptop and your minimum specs. But please, let me know why I have game crashes when I play online, but not in offline mode (game engine's the same in both modes)

6. Attenwood

A significant amount of time online loading into scenes can be spent equipping other player avatars, or handling the dense content of heavily decorated scenes that would not be present if playing offline.

7. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

From Release 37 Patch Notes (https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=32989):
    "AMD A8 Graphics Chipsets do not work with Unity Games including Shroud"

From Release 37 Instructions (https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=66622):
    "However, there still seems to be the one remaining major issue with Unity and AMD A8 integrated graphics chipsets used in laptops that make the game unplayable (this affects other games using Unity as well). Unity is aware of the problem and working on a fix but we do not have an ETA from them on this."

8. Kamuniak

Kamuniak Avatar

Thanks, I hadn't really thought about that, and it's logic.

I had listen about this issue, but I suposed that playing with 32bit executable and mono.dll file laptop will be able to run correctly this amazing game.

Well, after that I'm afraid that I will say goodbye you all, and wait patiently for such Unity fix. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.