Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Gap closing skills not functioning properly

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Skyo, Sep 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Gap closing skills such as Bodyslam, engage opponent and the shield based one are not properly closing the gap.

With increased player speeds these skills go to where the player was beforehand (when the skill was used), not to where they are at now. Also these skills do not take into account the casting players speed, this showing the caster down at times after use.

Duplicate by trying to Bodyslam a character work heavily increased movement speed.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Skyo
    Are you saying these gap closing skills are not working at all when anykind of speed increase is also used (sprint, dash, or double tapping the W key?)
    I just want to make sure I'm following...
    Can you complete the Steps to reproduce portion of the bug template with what you mean by "heavily increased movement speed" by describing what your avatar has in these areas. Thanks.

3. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

No I'm not saying that. I'm saying what I've included in the initial post.

4. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Let me see if I can explain @Lexie:

As it stands with body slam, you will charge to the exact location of whomever you were targeting and the stun will apply when your character reaches that location. With high movement speed (fleet flute buff would be enough but we can add in light armor, zerker stance, Corpus' Shield, Wolf Speed Potion, etc. you get the idea) there is actually significant ground covered by the person I charged in the interim so when I "land" at the location, my charge target is nowhere near me.

The bug is that charge/body slam and anything like it do not track the player target, they simply drop you at the location that target was at when you used the ability. In this fashion the gap closer really isn't achieving its intended purpose because there's still a gap (and depending how fast they're moving, the gap is bigger) between me and my target when I arrive at the scene.

The charge animation itself actually moves slower than is possible to run with movement speed bonuses in which case the gap is actually larger after using charge than before you used it. Gap closers need to track the target and not their location when the ability was used to be effective.

5. Purie

Purie Avatar

Lexie likes this.
  6. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

@Lexie do you still need more info?

7. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Is anyone out there?!

8. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Bug #: 50620.
    @Skypo
    We're here, no need to worry if a couple days pass, we will always come back to it. The demand is high, but I always try to come back and follow up on bug reports as soon as I can :)
    This has been submitted now.

9. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

@Lexie is there any update after something is bugged? For example after something is fixed, are we able to be updated that it's been fixed or do we just request an update on the given bug number?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.