Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Gawain's first mention of Amulet isn't clickable, nothing is clickable in that response

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Vladamir Begemot, Sep 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

9/22/2017 2:14 PM
    Title: Gawain's first mention of Amulet isn't clickable, nothing is clickable in that response
    Reproduction Rate:Once
    Blocker?No
    Details:

"Ah, perhaps you can travel where I cannot. I'm Gawain.....etc"

Has no clickable keywords.

Steps to Reproduce:Talk to Gawain, say "Tracy" in response to him asking who you are, because you just immediately wanted to jump right into conversation and now he thinks you're Tracy.

Viola is starting a SP version in Courage now too, so I'll make sure she actually types her name so we can see if it's connected with Tracy or is regardless of response.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 32603
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8071
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.554.Date.09.22.17
    Area: novia_r6_hills02_highvalevillage/WithTutorial
    Area Display Name: Battle of Highvale
    Loc: (121.0, 51.1, -191.5)
    Debug: bm92aWFfcjZfaGlsbHMwMl9oaWdodmFsZXZpbGxhZ2V8V2l0aFR1dG9yaWFsfCgxMjEuMDE2LCA1MS4wOTcsIC0xOTEuNTMpfCgwLCAtMC4yNjEsIDAsIDAuOTY1KXwyOTUuOTQzN3wxOC40MzY2NHwxLjI1

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

By design. He is asking your name. Nothing in a statement where you are being asked something is clickable because otherwise you would respond with whatever you clicked.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Dang it, Viola did the same thing, which is to click Tracy instead of giving her name, but she did have the same issue, no clickable text, on that response.

If you have metrics, it might be really enlightening to see how many people tell Gawain that their name is Tracy.

4. Lum the Mad

If you just click things without reading what you are clicking, you might find you are clicking things you don't like.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Well you're off one response then, because as I've pointed out, we all just told him we're Tracy. The next sentence, when he's already talking to you, is the one that should have clickable text.

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

In more clear English, 2 bugs now:

• @Lum the Mad says that when asked something you should not have a clickable item, but you do: Tracy
    • The next line, when not being asked anything, has no clickable text, but amulet should obviously be so.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Lexie, can you get this in? Lum didn't read what I said and just responded that Gawain was asking my name, which if one reads the bug one would see that is not the case, this was the next line after. I'm pretty sure he's already passed on to the next bug to say it's not a bug. The comment right above explains why it's now 2 bugs.

I'll restart another character and more than likely we'll find out that the original bug listed here has nothing to do with what name you tell Gawain.

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I just realized the irony and awesomeness, this bug report is like the ultimate metaphor of the struggles we are having with delivering the story and good bug communication. :)

@Lum the Mad doesn't read my bug post while telling me that I should read the story or I'll get unwanted results. It's like the whole thing in one package, and one day I hope we can have a drink and laugh over it Lum. Keep going, I know it's a lot of work. And I'll keep campaigning for more tools for you.

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

And I've confirmed it, this bug has absolutely nothing to do with what name you put in. I restarted, put in the correct name, bug of no clickable text on the next line is still there, and new bug of clickable text while being asked a question still exists.

10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ok, this is a pervasive bug, I've got it with Leftenant Simone, Burnes,the entrance guard in Highvale Outskirts, and Gawain as mentioned. It also appears that the two are one bug, you're not choosing the correct response to make unclickable.

Intended according to Lum:
    Actual behaviour across 3 NPC's so far:
    The statement where you are being asked something IS clickable, the Next One isn't.

11. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

IMHO - Games that blame bad game play on the player are bad games. I think Vlad gave good feedback to consider as part of the current focus on user feedback that the game provides. This is a game that requires a gazillion mouse clicks. People will and must click many things. They are bound to make an error from time to time. If the game is so sensitive to a single mouse click on something so simple that its going to lead to things people don't like, are we saying here that is good game play to expect in SOTA? I'd suggest giving the input some more thought.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

That and I nailed it down with Lums help to an exact bug, according to his description. I'm sure it'll get in in a bit.

13. Lum the Mad

Apologies for the confusion. I've nailed down the issue and a fix will be in before R46 goes live.

Lexie, Vladamir Begemot and Rentier like this.
  14. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Vladamir Begemot
    It looks like all is well again :) Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply sooner.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.