Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] HEALTH BUG

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Beaumaris, Feb 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

2/24/2018 8:56 AM
    Title: HEALTH BUG
    Reproduction Rate: Repeatable, occurs after extended combat, consistent across multiple releases now
    Blocker? Eventually requires relog or zoning to fix
    Details: Max health gets capped at level lower than max health. Progressively gets worse over time.
    Steps to Reproduce: Use Strength of Earth, Shield of Crystal, and Torpor, engage in Combat, sometimes for 15 mins, sometimes for an hour, and eventually this bug appears. At first health wont raise to max buffed ceiling. Eventually total health cap drops below even base level. And it goes even lower over time.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32692
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X GPU RAM: 12244
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.735.Date.02.23.18
    Area: Novia_R9_Forest02_03
    Area Display Name: Ulfheim
    Loc: (-202.7, 33.1, 2.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDN8fCgtMjAyLjY3NywgMzMuMDUxLCAyLjcwMSl8KDAsIC0wLjYyNCwgMCwgLTAuNzgyKXwtMTM2NS41MzR8MTIuOTgxMDd8NS4wMTgxMzc=

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    FrostII likes this.
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

3. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

An alternate work around is to dismiss all buffs that increase health and then recast them. PITA but not as much as having to relog.

I don't have a repeatable case yet, but it seems most likely to occur when you have a health buff that was applied while another buff increasing its effect is active, e.g., shield of crystal after enlightenment, and then to have that buff expire when the effect increase is not longer effect, and probably (and here's the hard to repeat part) while you have taken damage - and it's not clear how much it needs to be and the relation of that to the health buff amount.

Since a logical response to only being able to have one stat buff at a time is to cast something like: Enlightenment - Shield of Crystal - Strength of Earth, you can see how this would all the sudden be happening more often.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Don't despair, after all the knockdown bug was finally fixed!!!

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

As of Build Number 737 this bug is still here.

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I like your theory. I've submitted a bug but I'm still looking for solid repro steps if anyone happens to find one. Thank you.
    Bug #: 56358.

Rentier likes this.
  7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Lexie easiest way to repro this is to create a new toon, go through the love tutorial and by the time you meet edvard to leave? You will have the bug. Long as you do it in one run and done die.

8. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

Four different solid repro examples of the Health Bar is not refilling bug with 100% solid repro steps are listed here along with "how to reproduce" videos.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Rentier likes this.
  9. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

The most annoying bug that persist after several releases.....i always need to switch instance or relog the game to fix.... when this occured in Lost Vale this bug ruined our party....[​IMG]

10. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

My 100% reproducible case, at least for me, involves my armor bonuses and Sun Worship. Documented here. Again, Sun Worship and my armor will modify my strength (and health, by extension). I cast no other spells-- not even healing. HP's will drop in any scene after a period of combat. The exact point of HP drop has yet to be determined.

11. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

for me is always after a intense combat, the health calculation suddenly stop working as intended and life start to drop... and continue dropping every once in a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.