Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Health not regenerating 100%

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Moussaka, Jul 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

I think this really needs to get addressed ASAP, this bug eats up to -100 health after a while on my char.

As posted in previous bug reports, health does not recover to 100% after adventuring for a while.

And it is NOT only a UI issue, I confirmed this 100% by getting some controlled damage with fall damage.

@Chris: please give this high priority, it has been there for several releases now. Thank you!

2. Almar

Almar Avatar

I've reported this issue several times over several releases - I've heard no feedback on it yet.

Hornpipe likes this.
  3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I think @Chris thinks this is only a display problem and has ignored it for all these releases because he thinks it is not super important. I have tested and agree that it is an actual loss of HP and cannot be corrected without leaving the scene. I hope he takes another look.

Hornpipe and FrostII like this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this isn't quite the same as before: i never saw this bug on the overworld until r43.

5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

There is a problem with some buffs dropping on exiting a scene. I am not sure if this is expected now. As to the health bar showing max health and not being able to heal it back to max, this has been around for several releases. I am still not clear on what the OP is referring to.

6. JCNo.9

JCNo.9 Avatar

I have the same trouble
    Hope that Chris can fix this BUG as soon as possible

7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

interesting that you found it wasnt just a UI glitch, previously it was, because i had a discrepancy of say 80hp, and i could get down to 5 take a 60pt damge and not die

FrostII likes this.
  8. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Really? I never took it down to 0 like you did. I just noticed at the top end damage would apply to the health bar immediately and assumed that there was not a "pool" of unreported life above the level of the health bar. If you were at 5 health and took 60 points of damage at the bottom end and lived, then perhaps it is just a display issue as you indicate.

9. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Aldo the interesting point was say the discrepancy was 80, and you went to 5, took another 60, (eg -55) the amount you were out was now 25... not the original 80...

Aldo likes this.
  10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

This happens with the use of Shield of Crystal, and has been happening since at least R35.

When I hit SoC it gives me 140 hp's and that is the EXACT number that is missing after playing a while.
    It always seems to take a while before it happens.
    I have no idea what triggers it, but myself and another user of SoC in my guild are trying to find the common denominator ....
    I see the difference on my health bar, but others see my health bar as full.

Here's a pic of my health bar when this bug hits:

[​IMG]

My first death costs me 100k xp's, so not so ready to test the theory that I could go below 0 before I die....
    If you get my drift...... ;)
    It'll probably still be a bug when QA comes out for R44, and if I remember I'll test it there...

Aldo likes this.
  11. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

This version of the hp bug has been around a while. I swear I saw someone track it down to something like SofC wearing off during a heal or something off that nature. However. During one Qa it was established that the hp bug where you see yourself not at full health you are your UI just isn't aware and the scenario of you get to say 5hp take 50 damage doesn't kill you would apply.

There are I believe other variants. Where we see others not at full health. Etc.

I'm so frustrated I can't find the repro for the version where you don't see your hp at full when it is. I know I read it. And while I had frustratingly spent hours trying to track it down and had got to a point I could reliably make it happen in a fight. But not down to repeatable steps specifically.

Lexie likes this.
  12. BishopFaulken

BishopFaulken Avatar

This bug seems different. Now, when I wear my ring of brittle brawn, my hp pool takes a hit. Then a few moments later, it's like the game tries to update and it takes another hit. I go from 600hp to 375 and then down 135. It's not repeatable though.

13. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

Just tested the below zero theory, I could get many hits (about the ammount that was missing) while having only 1-3 hp before I died, also when healing myself the hp bar would not raise, looks like the full HP is there - it's just shifted (I was missing about 110 HP)

Aldo and FrostII like this.
  14. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Moussaka I see you have Shield of Crystal on your Utility Bar, and I'm guessing that you had used it sometime prior to this.

I can see that it's not currently "active" as a buff, but I'm betting that you had used it prior to this fight at some point....

Great job showing the effect, btw ! ;)

15. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

This topic gets confusing fast so I want to make sure I understand (I do know what Liz speaks of).
    @Moussaka when this video begins, I see your health is at a certain state. Your health was at that state 'stuck' when you became to take damage, is that what you are saying? You never slowly regened to full before this video started....
    I see what it demonstrates but I want to make sure I get the full context.

16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Lexie Forgive me for quoting your question directed at Moussaka, but I'm not sure I understand what you are asking when you said:
    Could you rephrase that ?

17. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

Yes I had this health bug at this time my HP was stuck at 472/582, missing 110 HP - the same ammount my Shield of Crystal buff curently gives me, but it is not always 110HP it can vary somewhere between.

Lexie likes this.
  18. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

Sure I did ;) thanks :)

Lexie and FrostII like this.
  19. null2

null2 Avatar

Just because it is a display problem, doesn't mean it has no effect on gameplay.

This bug allows you to have 0 HP and still live, which means that tap soul doesn't work, light doesn't work and various other glyphs that require you to be alive don't work, because your client thinks you have less 0 hp.

This bug is so annoying. It can be reproduced with shield of crystal, brittle brawn or nefario's aura. I have posted a 100% way to reproduce this bug and have asked for attention for it and comment many times. It has been 4 months please fix this bug.

Aldo likes this.
  20. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Kor and everyone - well said.
    I've submitted a new bug for this with more details, more information on how it is not strictly an UI issue. Good points made all around.
    I suspect a fix will not be easy so hang in there with us please...
    Bug # is 48155 Hold on to that one please for future reference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.