Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Highvale Outskirts: Esmeralda quest

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Hermetic, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

A least a couple bugs.

When I first talk with her she starts off with saying something like, "Oh, you've found a mirror in the tower" or something like that, which I did but I didn't tell her about it, maybe she read my mind, but that isn't the problem. The keywords "hall of mirrors" appears in the conversation when they shouldn't, I am assuming, since when I click on that term she thinks I have been to an area I haven't been to yet, and have completed steps of the quest which I haven't. I thought those key words were referring to the mirror thing in the tower. She now wants me to move on to step 3 and I haven't done step 2, or even step 1 as far as I know unless step 1 was finding that mirror in the tower.

The second problem was when I went back to talk to her a second time, in order to try and get accurate info for this bug report, she acts likes it is the first time we met. Asks for my name, which I don't remember her doing the first time. It seems things got thrown off when I found that mirror in the tower before she asks me to look for it? Now the conversation is confused. The keywords "step one" appears and when I use them she says we've done that and we are onto step 3 now.

2. Drexorn

Drexorn Avatar

I was having this issue as well. Here's my solution:

It seems I needed to actually click on step two in the chat dialog option. Typing it doesn't work. Once I did that it reset my quest to go through the mystical looking glass again. When I went back to Esmerelda it let me click through step 3 and final step dialog options (which I had already completed). It now shows correctly with Courage Can Be Frigid. Once I did all that and got the banner, it still had looking glass journal entry unresolved. Had to go back and click on step two again to walk through everything and it finally disappeared.

Hermetic likes this.
  3. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Thanks, I might try that if I don't abandon the quest altogether. Is there any way to get to that hall/room of mirrors area other than falling, dying and rezzing at the anhk? And any way to get back out other than doing the same or else logging-out and starting on the overworld map?

This quest seems like a real mess to put a new character through...

4. Val Ravar

Val Ravar Avatar

1st or 2nd step of the quest teaches you to use the said mirrors for fast travel inside highvale. You dont need to die just step in the mirror in top of the tower...

Chatele and Hermetic like this.
  5. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

I took a frostgeist skull to Esmeralda and she did some things with it then blew some essence into my face and said I could then use that mirror but when I returned to it it still gave me the message that it didn't recognize me... so I don't know...

6. Val Ravar

Val Ravar Avatar

The essence thing is for the last part where you go to the mirror in the floor. You might be bugged tho...

7. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

update: In order to get that mirror in the tower to work, even after getting essence blown in my face, I had to click on "step two" as Drexorn suggested, BUT it had to be the "step two" link within Esmeralda's written dialog and 'not' the keyword listed underneath. If you click on the latter she will dismiss with, "Why talk about step two, we are already on to step three."
    Hopefully the rest of quest continues without any more glitches. Thanks Drexorn and Val Ravar.

Still I hope the devs will fix these bugs for others who are trying this quest.

8. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

I'll look into it. It's the first I've seen this type of problem. Bug #57219. Thanks for all the details, everyone. It will help me isolate the problem very well!

9. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Thanks.

Btw, I posted in the other quests thread about the fact the first echo won't notice me even after I have talked to Esmeralda about the echos several times now. I hope someone can help me with that.

/edit: I paged back thru the journal and it suggests I need to find all 4 before they will talk to me? So I will try that...

10. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Yes, all four. They should be marked in your compass for easier finding. You can also mouse-over the Task names on the left side of the screen to get a brief description of the quest without having to open your journal.

11. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.