Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]HOUSING - Cannot right click in free mouse to access permissions

Discussion in 'Release 39 Bug Forum' started by wardgom, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wardgom

wardgom Avatar

Bug Title (Thread Title): HOUSING - Cannot right click in free mouse to access permissions

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Blocker? Partial

Details: When in a property that I own, I use the mouse pointer to right-click on a container (chest or stocking). The pointer is relocated to approximately the center of the screen and nothing else happens. It is still possible to use the tab key to enter mouse-look mode and then right click on a object to change its permissions. Although this is not a complete blocker, it will cause many people confusion, since they will be trying to right-click in free mouse mode and probably will not think to attempt it the other way; this will yield many complaints and much confusion. This may be a deeper user interface issue that affects other aspects of the game, depending on how a user prefers to interact with it.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Enter the game and relocate character to a property which is owned by the player.
    2. Find a container type decoration, or place it.
    3. Using free-mouse mode, right-click a decoration. (For me this causes my pointer to relocate to the center of the game window 100% of the time, and nothing else hapens.)

User Specs:
    Version: SotA.EarlyAccess.Linux.64.572.Date.03.10.17 - running from/with the Steam client
    -other details available upon request-

2. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Bug Entered. Thank you for reporting. :)

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is caused by a recent workaround for a known Linux issue that caused the camera to spin if right-clicking anywhere other than the center of the screen. A workaround for the break reported here would be to right-click the item to set permissions while the center target reticle is also hovering over the item.

Thank you for reporting. We hope to fix this asap!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.