Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Immolation - doesn't always work.

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Ameresta Trilon, Aug 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

@Lexie said "Bug #: 49191 for RoF sometimes not damaging, with video link included.
    If you guys find a 100% repro case let us know please.
    Since bugs like this can be somewhat complicated I have not submitted anything for Immolation. That will require a separate thread with details so we don't confuse the two. Thank you!"

Here is the separate report for Immolation. Immolation is just randomly working or not working. I've been trying to find something that would be helpful but I was unable to pinpoint a common variable aside from its randomness.

For example: I was offline for about 3 hours, logged on, got blessings and food - ran to etceter but got distracted by a poor besieged town and had to divert to try and rescue them. Entered the siege and used all the usual buffs (int, str, dex, celestial blessing, light). I then proceeded to the enemy catapult closest to the town-side entrance. Engaged the enemy with immolation and other fire and death spells. As I was fighting I cycled through the enemies expecting to see the Immolation dots on them - none were getting hit by immolation.

I've been in mines and using immolation for an hour with no issues and suddenly it stops working. I even experienced cases where it initially won't work for a few minutes in a scene and then will suddenly start working.

weryhard and belijaal like this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

How often do you see this happen? What would you say the repro rate is?
    Do teleporting mobs or terrain/elevation seem to come into play perhaps?
    In the sieges there are lamp posts that are skinny but can block line of sight.
    If anyone is able to get video of this happening please msg me with the link and I'll add it to the bug report. As of late, videos are helping us figure out things we may not have otherwise seen :)
    Thank you so much.

3. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

@Lexie
    I'm hoping some on else can video it as I am not adept at such things. I can be standing on top of the mob or completely surrounded and then cast immolation and none of the mobs ever get an immolation DOT, so I'm not clear how line of sight would matter. I'll try harder to reproduce it and then explain it and hopefully someone will video.

I'm really hoping that others that commented on the ROF thread about both these skills see this and comment

4. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

@Woftam are you seeing a similar issue with immolation? If so would you be so kind as to provide a video? I'm a noob when it comes to video capture.

5. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

@Dhanas Please post the immolation video here, @Lexie requested that they be kept in separate threads.

6. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

I did some more testing with ring of fire and immolation. The bug seems to happen on uneven terrain only (thanks grendel for pointing me there).

I've been using ring of fire and immolation for 3 days in the fall (on the platforms, even terrain) and the spells never bugged. Whereas the bug happened again when fighting the troll boss (uneven terrain).

Dhanas likes this.
  7. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Sorry for the delay, here is the video.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not, you can see in the video.

Lexie, Ameresta Trillion and belijaal like this.
  8. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

9. Lexie

Awwww I was really hoping to see the combat log in that video. No need to hide those ;) And for any bugs that are for specific spots, /bug info is always awesome so we can see if we can repro it on the exact same spot you guys see it on.
    I'm submitting. Bug #: 49689

10. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Oh sorry, I forgot to open combat log chat, but I highlighted immolation buff on me, and targetted the mobs. You can see there is no buff on mob that I am targetting, and I am realy near to them.
    P.S. I was in a plain random encounter

11. Mazach

Mazach Avatar

That bug happens when you have immolation on before you zone. So its a zoneing bug. if you klick immo off before you zone into another zone it isnt happening. To fix it you need to klick it off then log out of the game and get back in. Dont zone with this buff on thats the key atm.

Lexie and Xiren like this.
  12. Lexie

Bingo! I think that is the information we needed. Thanks @Mazach. I've added it to the bug report.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.