Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] INSTA_DEATH with red barrels

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Zentrakendyre, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zentrakendyre

Zentrakendyre Avatar

There is apparently a insta-death applied to a proximity around the red barrels in blackblade foothills tier 2 adventuring area. I was just approaching the barrel after deating two corpions, when suddenly i was hit by something that did over 250 health (as that is what i had left after fighting 2 corpions). so i went to respawn and came back looking up cause i thought it came from above. instant death with nothing in sight. So after respawning at a different ankh, i tried a different barrel. After deating the wolves around the area and fully healing i approached the barrel, and got an instant death again. ther is apparently a circle of instant death around each of the red barrels in blackblade foothills tier 2 adventuring area that prevents a player from even coming close to interact with them. I just saved two pics showing me and my previous skeleton and my spirit over my dead body showing me approaching one of the barrels in question. (Not sure how to put those pics on here.) I would appreciate someone in Dev to look into this for us, so that we don't have to suffer any more unnecessary insta-deaths.

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Zentrakendyre it would help the devs alot if you could do a /bug report ingame near those barrels and paste the contents here (eg it has the location where this happens so the devs can have a look without searching a lot)

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Zentrakendyre
    You probably weren't alive to do a /bug at the time, but your combat log - what did it say you died to? Insta death is no fun :( I wanted to check to see if it was the rock damage specifically or if it was perhaps the barrel explosion.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I dug around. I got it bugged: #58934. Thank you. And I'm sorry. That was a bad experience for you to have.
    @Zentrakendyre

It is also happening in other scenes with these kind of traps.

Rentier likes this.
  5. Zentrakendyre

Zentrakendyre Avatar

i'm happy that you looked into it, so i hope this trap and other traps like it will be fixed soon for the benefit of players and devs alike.
    P.S.: i don't like the fact i can't put images i saved on a word (look-a-like) page on here. Else, i really just don't know how to put them on here.

6. Zentrakendyre

Zentrakendyre Avatar

i know this is a second reply, but i wanted to see if there was a message in the log showing what killed me, and found there to be nothing. Not sure if you saw that or not.
    On another note, do you have to be alive to do /bugreport or can you do it while as a spirit? Also is /bugreport the same thing as goin up to the the tab in the corner and clicking the Report Bug tab? I ask this cause other devs ask me to do /bugreport when that is how i get here every time.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes, doing /bug (no report needed at the end) does the same thing as the bug icon. it brings you here. it ALSO puts a complete draft report with your exact location and system specs on your clipboard, so you can just PASTE into the box once you start your post. you can definitely do it dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.