Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Jack O' Lantern placement outdoors still restricted

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Daxxe Diggler, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I know this bug was reported in R45, but it is still persistent in R46 QA B551...

9/21/2017 11:42 AM
    Title: Jack O' Lantern placement outdoors still restricted
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Placing a Jack O'Lantern anywhere but the "center" portion of a lot (outdoors) is not possible. I believe it was reported that it was restricted to all but the outer 6 meters in R45, but as of this build (551) on QA 46... it seems much further than that. The distance from the edge of my Town sized lot appears to be at least the length of a Medium Planting Bed, maybe even a Large Planting Bed.

On a Village sized lot with a Knight Marshall Benefactor Village Home placed, I was unable to place it anywhere on the exterior ground.

Steps to Reproduce: Take a Jack O' Lantern out of inventory and try to place it near the edge of a property.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 16306
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 1993
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.551.Date.09.20.17
    Area: POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Virtue Oasis
    Area Display Name: Virtue Oasis
    Loc: (33.9, 38.0, 27.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxWaXJ0dWUgT2FzaXN8KDMzLjk0MSwgMzcuOTk5LCAyNy4zMDYpfCgwLCAtMC4yMzQsIDAsIC0wLjk3Mil8NzQ3LjY0MTl8NDQuNDAxOTl8OC4zMjQ5ODE=

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

After patching to QA B 552, I tried again to place the Jack near the property edge.

When I first logged in, I was able to move an already placed Jack from the middle area to the edge with no problems (just moved, did not put into inventory first). I was able to place it just about any free spot on the lot. However, after picking it up and putting into inventory, I was not able to place it in that spot again. In fact, I had the same range restrictions as before.

It could be that relogging or refreshing the scene fixes the issue, but the issue still remains on initial placement... Yep, theory confirmed. I logged out to menu, Resumed, and was able to move the already placed Jack anywhere I wanted.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Daxxe Diggler
    The bug for Jack o Lanterns was just entered for R45, and luckily bugs are not limited by releases. We're going to check all the pumpkins under that bug but a fix has not yet gone live yet.
    Thank you! #50801

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.