Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Keep getting kicked from sieges in the middle of fights.

Discussion in 'Release 41 Bug Forum' started by Paulie Walnuts, May 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

5/10/2017 12:42 AM
    Title: Keep getting kicked from sieges in the middle of fights.
    Reproduction Rate: Regularly
    Blocker? Kind of
    Details: When I join Multiplayer sieges I am getting a message that I will be leaving the siege shortly. Then removed from the siege mid fight. This has happened a few times while fighting the cabalist and getting them to about 2-3k health.
    Steps to Reproduce: Join a multiplayer siege and fight through it. Sometimes it happens 10 minutes into clearing catapults, sometimes longer. Possibly because someone completed the siege and when I joined it started a new one and the timers are overlapping?

Latest one happened in Kiln shortly after a group completed the multiplayer siege, I left to get reagents and walked back into a fresh siege, which shortly after i started fighting it said i was leaving the instance in 2 minutes.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 16345
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8119
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.602.Date.05.03.17
    Area: SiegeEncounter_Forest01_Road/Novia_R3_City_Kiln
    Area Display Name: Forest Siege
    Loc: (86.1, 31.8, 85.0)

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Paulie Walnuts, Thank you for reporting. This issue has been submitted to the Development Team for review.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Paulie Walnuts
    I think you are getting removed as part of the mechanics as you are receiving the message that you will be removed shortly. Once a siege has been cleared, we don't want fresh sieges appearing over and over. Some towns would never get a break :)

Paulie Walnuts likes this.
  4. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

@Lexie Yeah that part makes sense and I totally get that. what I'm referring to though is the instance is reset and all of the catapult spawns are back like no one had ever touched it. Later last night I went into a siege on multi and got the message that the instance would be closing in 2 minutes. All of the catapults were up. So I stood by the town gate to wait for the instance to close and tabbed out to browse the forums.

About 5 minutes later, I pulled up my screen expecting to be kicked from the siege. To my surprise I was still in it but dead, and Avara was running around killing everything in site. No one else was in the siege on the nearby players GUI and there's no way all the catapults were cleared in 5 minutes.

Something just seems broken with the timer/respawn.

5. Lexie

Thanks Paulie. I've created a bug for this: 45863.
    This one may be tough to get to the bottom of, but you are not the first to mention 'this instance is closing' when Avara was out and about (everyone's favorite Cabalist!)
    As you may know 'this instance is closing' can often be intended behavior (when party leader leaves for another instance, for example) but something seems weird, I'd like to get more clues as to what may be happening and add it to the bug report.
    If anyone has any contributing information they would like to add for Seiges restarting while fighting Cabalists, please add on....

6. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

@Lexie

Yep, I do understand the idea behind the instance closing and it makes perfect sense.

So I tried something tonight. I fought through a siege in FO, got to the cabalist and guess who? Avara. Without fighting Avara I switched to Multi while in the instance. There was one other player already in there (who i believe was attempting to fight) but he ended up leaving. I went through and cleared all of the catapults. As soon as the last one dropped, without any other message, it immediately said "This siege has been lifted."

I decided to go back to FO to the siege where I left Avara and the siege was brand new again. Something is getting confused somewhere :p

This was in Aerie.

Not sure if this is relevant, but it's the only time I've encountered a problem since the bug was reported. I've also reported a bug of no great evil spawning, so this may fall under that one also.

You can find that one here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...needed-no-great-evil-spawn.89043/#post-808183

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Lexie likes this.
  7. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

@Lexie

Lasted a 30 minute fight with Avara tonight and didn't get dropped out of the Siege. However, I usually recruit the mercenaries to assist me when fighting the Cabalists. Throughout the entire fight with 8-10 mercenaries helping, they had a 100% miss rate. Not once during the fight did they hit Avara (did something change here?). Then the loot was 10 gold and 2 garlic and I cried myself to sleep.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  8. Lexie

I've created a bug incident for the mercenaries: 45961. We'll want to keep those on seperate threads, if at all possible. Although I know it is someewhat related as it is the same scene :)
    The good news is we think we've gotten to the bottom of the siege instances closing, internally. No fix has gone live yet.
    Sorry to hear about the crying :/

9. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Aerie sieges are kicking me out of the zone and into aerie, while my friends are still inside. Teleport's did same thing

11/25/2017 1:41 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 16345
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.705.Date.11.22.17
    Area: Novia_R7_City_Aerie
    Area Display Name: Aerie
    Loc: (-69.5, 28.0, -105.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfQ2l0eV9BZXJpZXx8KC02OS41MzksIDI3Ljk4NCwgLTEwNS43NDIpfCgwLCAwLjcsIDAsIDAuNzE0KXw4NC4wODAyfDIwLjY2MzYyfDEyLjk5MDcy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.