Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Level 80/81 Skill Decay Bug

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Jaanelle DeJure, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

This will be a bit of an unusual bug report.

Back when @Chris implementing a tiered system for decay, he said:

At some point later, I am almost certain he mentioned that there was a bug in the implementation of this whereby the full rate was accidentally set to kick in at level 80, and not 81.

This is quite significant, since the player acquires the 5th glyph at level 80, but the extra decay is not applied until level 81.

Currently, Jaan has been reaching level 80 on a bunch of skills, and it seems that her decay rate is jumping up considerably. Unfortunately, it is difficult for me to determine what the decay "should" be since there are so many moving parts.

Since I never heard anything about this bug being fixed, I thought it might be a good idea to report it. I'm hoping it is much easier for somebody to go and check the actual equations then it would be for me to conduct experiments and present data for this one. ;)

Rentier and Rentiera like this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

3. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

Was this one ever resolved as of R51? Myself and a few others were wondering. Thank you.

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  4. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

@Chris said he was gonna fix it a few telethons back but AFAIK no positive confirmation is was fixed.

LiquidBlaze likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.