Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Locked Item prevents looting new item....

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by kaeshiva, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I tested locking a stack of five animal hides in my inventory and went to kill a wolf.
    Upon killing and skinning wolf, and attempting to loot the animal hides, the hide disappears from the mob but does not enter my inventory -at all-. I was testing to see if it would join the existing locked stack, or make a separate stack, but apparently it does neither, it just vanishes into the ether.

Also of note is that when this happens, despite having no loot and having clicked loot all, the corpse window stays open with no items on it and can't be closed by repeated hittings of loot key (but can with the X as normal)

Another wolf that I tested had a hide AND a carcass, the hide disappeared as above, but presumably because I hit loot all, the carcass remains 'red' in my inventory.

Alley Oop likes this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

As an experiment, I tried the same thing with a locked stack of animal hides and a single, unlocked animal hide separate (which it allowed me to pull out of my 'locked' stack....)

It does then let me loot additional items and they stack with the unstacked item. They only disappear if you have no unstacked locked ones.

3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@kaeshiva red in inventory means the server has not accepted the trade and is a symptom of a bad internetconnection (did you see the disconnect symbol in the right upper corner?)
    do you have other programs open, which are using the internet, too(like looking youtube)?

4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

No, I didn't have anything else open I normally don't and didn't have lag symbol ( as we call it ). I was able to loot other things as normal, it was just the one corpse that had 1 animal hide + 1 wolf carcass, when I had a locked stack of animal hides in my inventory, the looted animal hide disappeared entirely, and the looted wolf carcass showed as 'red' (and the corpse did not close). I think the server was having some sort of difficulty knowing what to do with the loot since it couldn't alter the "locked" stack.

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

This is a bad bug. # is 55112. I could repro. I have attached my error logs from the /debug command.
    Thank you GREAT catch @kaeshiva

Retlaw, Rentier and kaeshiva like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.