Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Malice Mobs Nearly Impenetrable

Discussion in 'Release 41 Bug Forum' started by Jaanelle DeJure, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

5/5/2017 2:28 PM
    Title: Malice Mobs Nearly Impenetrable
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? For all intents and purposes, yes.

Details: Maybe I'm just a really bad player, but I'm trying to come in this "back way" to Malice and as soon as I go through the hole in the wall, I am assaulted by a mob of supposedly "green" mobs that I cannot defeat. I've been screwing around with this for two releases now thinking "maybe it's just me" and I need to train more, but I am starting to wonder if this is actually a bug.

There are two hardened skeleton footmen, a hardened skeleton mage AND a lich archer. It's almost impossible to maneouver right there when you come through the hole. I get stuck in the pile of rubble. I can't move into visual position to target either of them, and trying to cycle through them with the targeting button doesn't work right either. Even if I could target one of them, I'd have to try and pick them off one by one then go run away and hide to heal.

Again- these mobs are green to me.

EDIT: Finally made it though the mobs, but it was not pretty and my gear is trashed from dying so many times. Still very skeptical this is "working as intended". I made it through the rotunda only to find another similar mob swarming me... three hardened footmen and two archers. Oops dead again.. need to go back to the entrance for the ankh and now the first mob has respawned. :eek:

EDIT AGAIN: I finally defeated Anapa, and he seemed significantly weaker than every other mob in this dungeon.

Steps to Reproduce: Go to the back entrance of Malice per the quest instructions. Get jumped by the mob swarm and watch yourself die very quickly. If you manage to run through without dying and can defeat Anapa's guardian mobs, he is relatively easy.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 16272
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 GPU RAM: 4195
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.602.Date.05.03.17
    Area: Novia_R5_Hills03_Malice
    Area Display Name: Malice
    Loc: (60.7, 10.0, 565.1)

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Sir_Michael and discipleofweb like this.
  2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah Malice is tough even if your skills and adventure level are relatively high.

Maybe they should change the entry to say - This should be doable, but still challenging instead of very easy.

They might also increase the reward for completion since it is the hardest in the game for the single player quests.

I went ahead and finished this last release since the decay was being increased and one or two deaths would wipe out the reward.

I used archery and also stack defenses - defensive stance, glancing blow, fortify defense and douse/ice shield when fighting mages.

I also used a water elemental to help with agro and help heal while fighting.

I was also at Level 81 - all the mobs were green except the Liches that were yellow.

Sir_Michael and Jaanelle DeJure like this.
  3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you both for the information. Submitted for review: 45588

Sir_Michael and Jaanelle DeJure like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.