Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Memory Leak(?)

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by Katakaio, Oct 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katakaio

Katakaio Avatar

I noticed that not long after playing this morning, my client was using about 8gb RAM which isn't normal for my computer (usually peaks around 6gb at most).

I've noticed it seems to be fluctuating, but continually climbing upon map loading. I tested this in the Hilt Fortress area (outside Hilt). I started a fresh client. My game was now using 4.2gb RAM, I started loading in/out of the game and watched the memory usage steadily climb. After about 5-6 times, I'm sitting at 7.6gb RAM. Not to mention the CPU usage is currently at 46% when sitting idle (not fighting or moving).

I've noticed the memory issue always somewhat being a problem, but not this bad in the last few days.

Here are some of my computer stats: CPU 4790K, 32gb RAM, Win10 (up to date).

If you need more information, I'll be happy to test anything out.

*edit 30m after original post* It took me awhile to test for consistency, but it seems that when the memory reaches ~7.6GB on the next load screen, the client crashes. I was able to replicate this three times (the third time I was able to guess when it was going to happen). Earlier when in Novia, I had the memory usage up to just under 9gb (~8.8gb or something).

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Crowquills likes this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is a known issue. We are working to resolve it asap.
    Bug reference id: 32595

3. Azuresun

Azuresun Avatar

I've had a similar issue, the memory usage keeps climbing whenever I exit to the overworld map. The game plays fine otherwise. Checking the error logs it says that, "Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation." Always happens exiting to the world map, never entering a town or at any other time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.