Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Min Liang Tan quest turn in is broken

Discussion in 'Release 33 Dev+' started by Widsith [MGT], Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

To clarify a little bit. The first few times I ever did the quest (I have a few accounts) and also doing it offline, I had both quest flags to enter the tower at the same time when I went to kill Min and didn't have any problems with this stage of the Path. Which is why I'm sure I didn't trigger the same one twice this time around.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

When did you first trigger Min in the Shuttered Eye with the first quest flag? Do you recall what release, was it this most current one? I ask because with quests, when changes are made sometimes the fix is not retroactive - meaning you have to go back to get the second flag again to trigger the fix that was put in. But others who have not yet triggered it would probably not see the same issue. This is why sometimes you guys see quest issues but we cannot repro it; depends on when it started and what was checked in since then. If you first started to trigger going to kill him in this release (if you were first sent to Shuttered Eye in this release) I can include that in the bug report.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Bowen Bloodgood Oops I just saw your most recent response. There is a separate UI issue I suspect could be at play here. Until we get to the bottom of that, please restart the client fully between going from offline single player mode to online mode. I think it will update your quest logs correctly and not confuse you between the two modes. It does add an extra layer of complication to this BUT I am very glad you observed that. :)

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

There is no confusion here. The "first few times" I mentioned were months ago before resetting my quests. This particular case has exclusively been with a single character in multiplayer during the last release (as it was Oct 31)/

I have since run through the Path of Love with a 2nd character online.. made sure I have both Shuttered Eye flags before going and had no issues. One flag I believe is when talking to Min about Kashi and Sirano (sp) and the other when asking him about the keystone. Then one flag says to travel there and the other says to enter. Forget which is which.. but I'm going to do it again with a 3rd character probably either tonight or tomorrow. Haven't reset my offline ones yet btw.

So...

Oct 31st.. so previous release triggered the first flag. I believe I waited awhile before going back and trying again but I honestly don't remember how long.. but I'm pretty sure it was also previous release.

I will attempt to reproduce with screenshots and post here. (or start a new post if that is preferred).

5. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I had reset my quests, and didn't start any of the paths again until this month, so I don't think I was running into any problems with the quests being changed while in progress.

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

@Lexie

So.. I've reproduced my experience with screenshots. I don't have time post them before work as I still need to edit / crop them and make them pretty.. (and I need to go to work this morning) but I'll give the basic run down.

Went through all the dialogue with Khasi, Siranto and Samael, then went to talk to Min. I got the flag to Enter the tower twice by talking to Min about the writ and ring.. I specifically avoided talking about the keystone. (Note at this point I reclogged to clear one of these from being displayed as displaying the same flag twice is also a bug.. but reclogging fixed it).

Went to the tower, got the floating dialogue and talked to then killed Min. I did NOT get the Keystone or the 10k XP but cleared the 'Enter the tower' flag.

Went back to Ardoris, found Min there.. then asked him about the Keystone which gave me the quest flag to Travel to the tower.

Went back to the tower. No floating dialogue but found Min there again.. talked to him and killed him the 2nd time.. got the XP and the keystone and cleared the 'Travel to the tower' flag.

Min is now dead and Sivals Fal is in his place in Ardoris.

I have not tested this the other way around with just the 'Travel' flag. But since nobody seems to be able to report Min's death one way or the other the only thing the 'Enter' flag seems to do is show the floating dialogue as you make your way up the tower. But it seems clear there are two overlapping quests going on involving Min. One involving the rulers which is broke and one involving the keystone which works and both involve going to the tower and killing Min.

Obviously, unless you have both 'Enter' and 'Travel' flags you can't complete both quests properly by killing Min just one time. I did take a screenshot of having both Travel and Enter flags at the same time also to show they are separate.

Hopefully I'll have those screenshot posted no later than some time on Friday.

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

@Lexie ok starting this part of the Path of Love.

[​IMG]

Talked to Min..

[​IMG]

Specifically avoided talking about the keystone. Note here I have "two" "Enter the Tower of the Shuttered Eye" displayed. One is from talking about the writ and the other the ring.. but there is actually only one entry. You'll see later I've relogged and only one appears.

[​IMG]

Now here again I've relogged and cleared the extra Enter the Tower.. but mainly the point of this shot is to show Min's dialogue with the Enter the Tower flag.

[​IMG]

Min is alive and well and in the tower with just the one flag..

[​IMG]

Min is now dead. Note: I now have the 'inform Siranto/Khasi of Min's death' flag.. but not the keystone or the 10k XP. Just a journal update as shown in the chat box.

[​IMG]

He's not quite dead! If fact, I've just asked him about the keystone and got the "Travel to the Tower of the Shuttered Eye" flag. Now I wish to note at this time the "Enter the tower" flag has been cleared.. but not removed from the display. Later I again relog and this one is cleaned up. But I took the opportunity to show both flags showing simultaneously. But this of course is after I killed him as I have the task to inform Siranto/Khasi of his death.

[​IMG]

I've returned to the tower now.. Min has returned. Here I'm clearing the 'Travel to' flag. As I mentioned before I cleaned up the faulty 'Enter the tower' flag by reclogging. I'm assuming the actual task cleared properly last time I met Min in the tower or when I killed him. Either way.. you again see the task to inform Siranto/Khasi of Min's death. I'm pointing this out as proof of sequence of events in the screenshots (not that you have any reason to doubt me, I'm just being thorough :) )

[​IMG]

Just when he seemed about to recover.. suddenly felt the icy hand of DEATH upon him... This time I got the keystone and the 10k XP.

[​IMG]

Min no longer appears in Ardoris.. moving on.

I also want to point out the 'Investigate the Tower' is an unrelated quest.. that just happens to include a tower. :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    discipleofweb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.