Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Mobs Still Spinning When Stunned

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Trihugger, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

9/23/2017 11:49 AM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: ~90%
    Blocker? N
    Details: Mobs continue to track the player when knocked down/stunned from effects like body slam.
    Steps to Reproduce: Ensure a mob is in its attack sequence (not moving to position itself to get behind you) and body slam it. It will most often continue to track the character making it impossible to get behind the mob.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 16344
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU RAM: 11117
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.554.Date.09.22.17
    Area: Novia_R4_POI_SequanaColossus
    Area Display Name: Sequanna Colossus
    Loc: (-230.3, 78.0, 226.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfUE9JX1NlcXVhbmFDb2xvc3N1c3x8KC0yMzAuMzA0LCA3Ny45NjcsIDIyNi41NTkpfCgwLCAwLjk5MywgMCwgMC4xMTQpfDUyNy4wMjMyfDE5LjY2MTU2fDEyLjA3OTk5

@Attenwood @Lexie - So if that internal fix you guys mentioned in the other thread under R45 Combat Bugs has been implemented in these QA builds... It doesn't work. Same exact problem. Here's to hoping its not in the QA builds. It's really killing my enjoyment of the game right now being unable to actually "play" as I should be.

Scrambler and Skyo like this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Skyo
    @Trihugger
    I think I might have figured it out; it's not that it isn't stunning, but that the stun is so brief (1 second). At level 100 it should stun for 3 seconds with a 100% chance.
    Can you both check to see if the stun icon is even appearing as a debuff at all on the targeted mob? It has its own stun icon. Are you guys seeing that?
    What level do you each have it at?

3. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

I'm level 100.

I'm at work so I don't know about the icon. It is stunning but the problem is that the mob continues to track or rotate with the player while stunned.

4. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Mine is level 90 (I think, whatever level corresponds to 95% chance to stun). I believe the debuff appears, but I can't tell you for certain its there for 3 seconds. It seems like the mob is knocked down for the correct amount of time (or at least however long it was before this started happening). There's a distinct difference between the mob not getting stunned vs getting stunned and spinning though in terms of the % chance to stun working or not.

The mob is literally knocked down and while it's lying on the ground it will actively track my character and turn with me. I'll see if I can figure out how to put this on youtube so you can see what I'm talking about since we can't seem to get the reproduction otherwise. I can't run GeForce experience because, for whatever reason, my motherboard drivers and it fight and put me at 100% cpu usage.

Edit: Also of note this was on last week's 554 and not today's 555 so hopefully magic happened between then?

5. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Short video @Lexie @Attenwood :

I tried it with archers and they continue to spin until they their model is actually completely fallen down (IE they spin while falling, stop when on ground) most the time, sometimes they still do this crap. I couldn't get footmen to do it, but odds are good I just didn't keep trying long enough. In any event, this is what's happening.

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Bug #: 50302 has been reopened. @Trihugger
    @Skyo
    Curious if lag is an issue, do you guys normally have high pings?
    We're still looking for the special sauce for this so we can narrow it down. It's not happening on our screens. Perhaps the repro rate now?

7. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

12ms I have a fast connection. Cables highest tier package.

8. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

@Lexie - I typically use a VPN just because I had already paid for one for another game and my ping is ~60 ms, so really low ping.

I had to work a little harder to get them to do it this time, maybe movement speed has something to do with it? When I did it I had a 5 stacked zerker stance + Fleet flute for movement going and as you can see I'm constantly moving trying to get behind them.

Double check the archers. They still spin some but stop much sooner than they have been, but it's still really hard to reliably land the sneak attack with them doing it. If you need a video of them I can see what I can do.

9. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

@Trihugger try to get a video in deep ravenawood with the wolves or skellies. Or the barbarians in ulfheim.

I'm at work :(

10. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I'll see what I can do. @Lexie - Just a thought in terms of mob behavior that did change when this started happening... Previously all bludgeon utilizing enemies (axe, mace, maul, etc) would pause after their every swing (large skeletons did this too when they weren't applying rend) and you could run behind them all ninja sneaky like without needing to stun. Maybe something in that code is the culprit.

11. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Ok I have a (more) solid repro case. The mobs at this point seem to continue to spin because they're completing whatever attacking sequence they were in (which also explains why archers/mages were almost permanently spinning since they have the longest sequences). I will post the video when the SOB finishes uploading to youtube of me in Ulfheim. The timing for when mobs stop tracking me while stunned fits perfectly with when their normal attack animation should have stopped.

Edit :

Edit #2 : You can also see that horrible black artifacting "stuff" in the bushes when I'm playing with the two archers in the 2nd half. Idk what that stuff is but it's new and awful looking.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  12. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

13. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

@Trihugger
    @Skyo

Thanks for the great help tracking this down. The repro steps and video is precisely what I needed.

I was able to find the root cause. The key indeed was the stun was happening during the attack (and allowing rotation). I suspected this could be happening when I looked into this a few weeks ago.... but was unsuccessful in proving it... but I can now prove it's happening in this case.

I'll be working on a fix this evening.

Skyo likes this.
  14. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Hurray that's fantastic news @Scrambler here's to hoping your the guy for bugs #50306 and # 50620 as well :)

15. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

That's on the other side of the fence (player vs. npc related)... those bugs are in better hands :)

Just checked in the fix, so it'll be in an early patch. Let me know how it works out for you all.

Skyo likes this.
  16. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Thanks a bunch man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.