Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Modification of Private Items

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Black Tortoise, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

1. Under certain circumstances, private items from another player account can be modified in a home, even when set to Co-Owner (Private).

2. I cant give a %, but it happened once, and I am trying to reproduce and cant. However, I can drag an item around for about 1 second before the permission error appears perhaps 25% of the time. I have a strong feeling that if I tried this enough, Id successfully move a private item again.

3. No, but its scary, in that "spirit of Ultima" kind of way ;)

4. I am logged in as a character that is Co-Owner and tenant of a home. The home owner placed a Trout on a cabinet, and I thought I put it there mistakenly, as it looked really out of place. The Trout was set to "Co-Owner (Private)". I tried to drag it to a plate on a dining set, and succeeded. It is not my private item, it is a private item of the owner, and I am a separate account, and only co-owner.

A moment later, the error dialog appeared, and said "You do not have permission to move this item." It was about one full second later, hard to recall as I wasnt expecting it, but there was a serious delay.

Instead of putting the Trout back in its original location, its floating in the air above the dinner plate, like some kind of levitating fish! It is a significant distance from its original location. I have a feeling I could have "stolen" the item and left with it.

This is kind of scary for pledge / add-on items on display. It seems like under certain conditions, such as lag, which is inevitable when you load a housing scene, one can manipulate private items of others very quickly before the game engine can respond that the item cant be moved. Combined with the door lock bug, it certainly feels like a spiritual successor to UO in that hacky, exploitive way ;)

5. Log on inside a house where you are only co-owner and tenant, and a different account owns the house. Specifically, load SOTA with your Avatar standing right next to a private item that only the owner has access to.

As soon as you log on, grab the item, and do "something" with it - move it, stash it, rotate it, use it, whatever.

6. Ubuntu Linux 14.04, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, intel i5 3.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM, SSD, via Steam.

2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Here is a screenshot of the after effects - the fish was originally on the cabinet directly in front of my smoking Avatar. I tried to move it onto that dinner plate behind my Avatar, and the item is now stuck in the air until the owner logs on to make the item not-private.

[​IMG]

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Black Tortoise
    Can you do a /loc or /bug at the location of this home so we can check out the housing details and item permission details please? Once you use the command, it tells you what to do. You can paste the text as a forum reply. Thanks!

4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

@Lexie

Sure, also, it might have just been a visual glitch for my instance/session or something - once I logged in, the fish was returned to its original location! It is no longer floating in the air, as in that above screen shot, but placed back on that shelf in front of my Avatar.

/loc

Area: Storms Reach (Novia_R6_City_StormsReach) Loc: (-271.0, 71.3, 146.0) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjZfQ2l0eV9TdG9ybXNSZWFjaHx8KC0yNzEuMDQ5LCA3MS4zNCwgMTQ2LjAzMyl8KDAsIDAuNzkxLCAwLCAwLjYxMil8MjIuMzE5MTl8MzMuODEwMTh8OC4xMTU1OQ==

/bug

4/16/2018 8:24 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 15992
    GPU: Graphics Device/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 4096
    SotA.Linux.64.760.Date.04.04.18
    Area: Novia_R6_City_StormsReach
    Area Display Name: Storms Reach
    Loc: (-271.0, 71.3, 146.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfQ2l0eV9TdG9ybXNSZWFjaHx8KC0yNzEuMDQ5LCA3MS4zNCwgMTQ2LjAzMyl8KDAsIDAuNzkxLCAwLCAwLjYxMil8MjIuMzE5MTl8MzMuODEwMTh8OC4xMTU1OQ==

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.