Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Not getting exceptionals from crafting

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Mishikal, Dec 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

For every previous release, I would get "exceptional" periodically while crafting things like ingots, boards, timber, dye, various decor, etc. Starting with R49, I've seen zero occurrences while crafting a variety of these items in large quantities. In the past I would have gotten several by now.

I'm going to assume this is a bug and not intended. Crafting individually is tedious, and the chance at exceptional was a reason to do it that way instead of batch crafting.

Rentier likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

The math remains the same. Everyone also thought that crafting numbers were not working right on the 3rd MW/enchant attempt but that remains correct as well.
    I do recall another thread with exceptionals after R49 was released. Some thought they were too low others thought it seemed higher than normal. The blessings and curses of RNG...
    You did say large quantities so I want to make sure you are attempting them one at a time for your exceptional chance?
    @Mishikal

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yes, I've made them all manually. Something around 60 copper bindings, and 25 or so medium post and rope fence, plus gated/corner/long fence from those. Zero exceptional occurrences.

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Lexie The problem is that exceptional is no longer logged in the chat box. You actually do get exceptionals, and exceptional XP. You just don't know it occurred. Thanks to Archer for isolating the issue.

Rentier likes this.
  5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Great work in discord chat, you and Archer. I'm proud of ya'll. It very much makes sense now.
    Bug #: is 54247.
    @Mishikal

Rentier and Mishikal like this.
  6. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

Has this been fixed yet? When can we start crafting again? @Lexie

7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Exceptionals were never broken. What was broken was they weren't logged to the chat window. According to the patch notes, that was fixed in build 715.

Lexie and Tila Tenderfoot like this.
  8. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

Thank you @Mishikal :) I stopped crafting because of this post and bc couldn't find the quoted discord chat.

Lexie and Mishikal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.