Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Ornate Gustball field problems

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Vladamir Begemot, Oct 13, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

As requested by Darkstarr this is now being submitted as a bug.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-the-league-is-sadly-gone.101744/#post-889217

You can see it in the video at 4 minutes, but from what I've heard the problems are:

1. The referee tower is too tall (in the video they say it needs to be 1/2 as tall)
    2. The edges of the goal need to be flush with the boundary line because otherwise players wind up fighting it out in the outside corner pockets created by them sticking into the field.
    @Sheamus McGuinness and @Lazarus Long may have more issues with the field that I don't know about, please post if you do guys.

2. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

I think these are the 2 major issues. The Goal issue is the biggest one as it makes the pre-fab fields un-usable.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm copy pasting your more detailed description from the other thread so they don't have to go hunting, and since I hot the referee thing a bit off compared to what you think is good.

1. Gustball issues
    Premade courts have a few issues
    - Yes the goal actually sits about 2 feet onto the court and this causes problems as the ball gets stuck in that corner. Can't use the pre-made courts because of this.
    - The tower is pretty much useless and should be removed or reduced in height by 2/3 of it's height to be effective. It is also TOO close to the court and makes it hard to move back and forth next to the tower.
    Player made courts
    - using tiles like marble, wood, etc the ball sometimes gets "stuck" inbetween tiles.
    General issues also include the Gustspell getting "stuck" at one location on the court. So anyone that casts gust, it goes there and not the targeted ball. This is tricky to reproduce, I can work on a video if someone likes.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.