Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] PURIFY BURST CAUSES INSANE LAG!

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Lao Tzu, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

4/22/2018 7:16 PM
    Title: PURIFY BURST CAUSES INSANE LAG!
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
    Details: When there are more than one group inside a scene, the frame rate drops to 2-3 fps if anyone in either party casts Purify Burst. The visual effect of Purify Burst applies to every person in the scene.
    Steps to Reproduce: Get two groups in the same zone. Have one group cast Purify Burst. Watch everyone's frame rate drop to 2 fps.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16314
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8096
    SotA.QA.Win.64.669.Date.04.21.18
    Area: POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Virtue Oasis
    Area Display Name: Virtue Oasis
    Loc: (15.8, 38.1, 124.5)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxWaXJ0dWUgT2FzaXN8KDE1Ljc4MSwgMzguMDYzLCAxMjQuNDgxKXwoMCwgLTAuNjY4LCAwLCAwLjc0NCl8MzMyLjQ4MzZ8MzEuOTk1MDN8Ny41NDc0MQ==

- Lao Tzu

P.S. To be honest, I have not tested this on the R53 QA server. On two occasions in the Lost Vale on the live server, individuals not in our group came into the same scene and purposely cast Purify Burst to grief us. It would be better to remove Purify Burst entirely from the game than to allow this bug to persist through R53.

P.P.S. I will be at the QA stress test on Monday spamming the Purify Burst spell until Portalarium agrees to fix this problem.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    margaritte, Dhanas and Oremanger like this.
  2. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

I hope that this problem is addressed in the next patch. I won't be able to test it since I've been banned from the QA server. I know this is my fault; I'm just frustrated that a group came in and purposely cast Purify Burst to slow our frame rate to make the game unplayable. Several members of my party were kicked out of the Lost Vale when they missed the window to switch into Party mode due to net lag. I wish you all the best in testing the QA server without my assistance.

- Lao Tzu

3. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

It's a know issue, some guys from Mangar used it the other day to lag out our group at a cp. Mac posted a video of it.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

A fix has been and continues to be in the works. We've made great progress in this area as of late. I appreciate your honesty in your report and I know you have been frustrated by it...just know that sometimes complicated issues require complicated ways to address it. But we've all wanted this one fixed. It's not something we have ignored or plan to :)
    @Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.