Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Quentin gone MIA

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Sir Leonard, Jul 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

7/4/2017 1:13 AM
    Title: Quentin went MIA

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Blocker? YES!

Details:
    Well, pretty sure Quentin's body (from Solace Briddge Outskirts) is missing.
    I am pretty sure i have searched the every square inch of the whole map, under every rock and tree... for hours... and no sight of him.

Steps to Reproduce: ?!

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8) System RAM: 32704
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8110
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.622.Date.07.03.17
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest04_01
    Area Display Name: Cercanias da Ponte da Consolação
    Loc: (296.9, 6.4, 121.5)

2. Jupiter8

Jupiter8 Avatar

After I talked to the scout (Rhoswen) to the left of the smaller bridge. You go over the bridge if you continue on past the bridge after a short distance you will see splatters of blood on the ground. Follow the blood trail to an unnamed body. On the ground under the hand is a Report. Read and see its Quentins Report then pick that up.

I take the Report and went back to Rhoswen. With the click on the word "Quentin" in the Dialog i have no success. But with typing "Final Report" in the Dialog Box i have solved the Quest !

Sir Leonard and Rentier like this.
  3. Sir Leonard

Got it. Gosh, that was hard. Especially because most patches of blood are just hidden away inside vegetation - and so is the body - hidden in a rock depression, so you can get confused by bandit's blood and won't see it unless you somehow trigger real detective instincts and starts to think that the blood on the ground isn't from the bandit you just killed but instead of a friendly NPC. :/

Anyway, i don't think this should be a "new player" experience, being that hidden and frustrating (yes i swear i did spend 6+ hours on that scene looking around for this guy), even knowing he crossed the bridge, went up the road and then disappeared...

Anyway i'll leave this open for maybe a small adjustment on this quest.
    Maybe a script text showin on screen like "Wait, i see these bloodmarks trails over there. Whoever walked here was really injured. Maybe i should try to follow the trail". Same way text shows in your screen constantly in the tutorials.

Yeah, something like that would do great. Also this should extend to all quests that may have leads that can and WILL be confused with the regular landscape.

@Attenwood

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    Rada Torment and GreyMouser Skye like this.
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Sir Leonard likes this.
  5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

This was great feedback! I added a special "hint" that will trigger when a player walks near the blood trail. It won't tell you where to find Quentin, but it will make it obvious that your character sees blood on the ground even if the actual player doesn't. (Also, I added more blood to the blood trail.) The update should be in with Release 44. Thanks for the notes!

Rada Torment likes this.
  6. Sir Leonard

Just translated your new quotes from Zanata. Nice :)

7. sarbonn

sarbonn Avatar

The body is often empty, and when it's not, there's no report, which has left both investigate the blood and finding private quentin both open and no way to finish them.

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Sannio, is this a multiplayer problem? how's the quest handling a shared scene?

9. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

The note is not on Quentin's body, it's always in the world underneath his left hand. It's a "world object" that's set as a "quick" respawn. So if Quentin's Final Report isn't with him, it'll re-appear in 30 seconds. If the report isn't appearing at all, then that's certainly a bug that needs to be reported.

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.