Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Quest BUGS (This is Critical)

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Alrik Doom, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

Playing for over a year, seen post after post of quests not working as intended or after completing, quests return that shouldn't, can't get rid of quests etc etc!

This has been the story till now and today yet another disappointment on the quest front! When going back and cleaning up my emotes, I revisit Damai at Palace of the Wind in Ardoris, upon which, She gives me the spirit speaker quest, which I have already solved!!!!

Now another broken quest in my book!!!! WTF and this was told to us to be polished!!!!!!!!!

OK this must be said, I feel that if sota doesn't fix the quest system, I mean really fix it, get rid of all the returned(previously solved) and bugged entries from our journals, double & triple check that they all work as intended before adding anymore!

You have failed on coding quests properly, as a programmer myself, I have a hard time understanding how you can make these many simple errors! bools are your friend, use them! If we solve a quest and flip a bool, there should be not way that the code will show that quest again!

So in conclusion, fix the quests, if you don't, then no matter how good the quests are to play, they will destroy the game as players are ocd, having a broken quest system is like having a broken game! Stop the sloppy coding and do a real polish pass and fix the garbage spaghetti code!

Hope this expresses both my desire to help the game and my frustration at the lack of effort I see put in the quest system!

You should be ashamed to say polish pass and have these types of bugs still plaguing the game!

twofoldsilence and Fister Magee like this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Bug regarding Damai submitted: 54521

Polish passes are ongoing. Due to Ardoris' nonlinear quest path, there is more work to be done to polish this scenes quests than others.

Servant King and Rentier like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.