Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Quest Journal links seem to be reversed?

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Daxxe Diggler, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

3/26/2018 11:29 AM
    Title: Quest Journal links seem to be reversed?
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No - But confusing
    Details: When I open my Journal, there are 2 button links: "Current Tasks" and "Knowledge Journal". When I click on the Knowledge Journal (which should be a log of all my quests since the beginning) it only shows one entry that I just got today. However, the "Current Tasks" link (which should only have main quest line and currently incomplete tasks) shows just about everything from the beginning. See screenshots below.
    Steps to Reproduce: Open Journal (J Key), Click on the two links to see they appear to be reversed.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 16306
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 1993
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.660.Date.03.23.18
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (51.1, 53.0, -95.2)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KDUxLjE0NCwgNTMuMDA2LCAtOTUuMTY1KXwoMCwgLTAuMzExLCAwLCAwLjk1KXw3MjAuMzMxOHw0Ny42ODcwOHwxMy4wMDU2OA==

"Current tasks" (many pages like these):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this is my "Knowledge Journal" (only one entry, nothing on additional pages)

[​IMG]

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Daxxe Diggler
    So in your Knowledge Journal, if you hit the little paper tab corner on the left hand side, it does not go back any to other entries?
    Checking in our latest dev build this seems to be working correctly, so it is also possible we have fixed this already. The only thing I have on current tasks are all the ones I'm currently on while the knowledge section has everything.

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Currently patching to 661, so I'll go and try again when done. I believe when I tried to hit the corner tab on the left for each, they both went back to the page with the 2 links... but I can't say for certain.

Will update this in a few minutes either way.

Lexie likes this.
  4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Sorry for the delay. I got tied up at work so couldn't check right away.

In this build, when I go to the Knowledge Journal section, I can hit the left corner tab and go back to old entries. It's possible that this was the case in the last build too, but not certain.

In any case, it seems like it's working now... however, per the R52 Instructions, the completed quests are supposed to be removed from the journal (I assume this means the "current tasks" section) but they are all still in there.

5. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Lexie - The journal is still funky in build 662.. Here's what is confusing:

If you open the "Current Tasks" - it opens to the earliest task, and as you flip forward, the tasks get newer... once you get to the LAST "current task" - it continues into part of the "Knowledge Journal".. or perhaps some entries from the knowledge journal and current tasks got co-mingled with the "cleanup" task that now happens during login and when talking to an NPC?

If you open the "Knowledge Journal" - it opens to the latest entry - opposite to how the "Current Tasks" works.

When using the "Knowledge Journal" - if you want to go back to the very beginning (instead of the end where you start) - you need to flip through a ton of pages.. if you accidentally go back 1 page too many, you get the Table of Contents (Tasks/Knowledge) page - if you then go forward one page, it takes you to the "Current Tasks" - not the "Knowledge Journal".

This is very confusing to write and try to explain.. using it just feels awkward.

(Current tasks ending and knowledge journal bleeding in)

(Knowledge Journal flipping back to earlier then jumping to Current Tasks)

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.