Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Ranged skills issues

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Joe Zhudarak, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

well Deep ravenswood must be bugged, because I cannot do any damage to the bears again .... funny thing is, sometimes I do well, then for no apparent reason, the bears take no damage in Deep ravenwood . My arrows do no dmg..... while the bears are surly doing massive dmg to me ....

When will this get fixed? IS it the zone or Archery skills?????

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  2. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

I can add it is either not the zone or multiple zones: Happens in e.g. Approach to Shuttered Eye also.

Very random, when it manifests itself, no basic bow attacks seem to do anything (no 'missed' message, nothing). Sometimes one gets through, looks like having a big delay.
    Note: Same happens for one or the other ranged skill. Specially Blinding Shot seems to be nonfunctional, while Aimed Shot, Disabling and Piercing seem to work as usual (i.e. hit or at least give a '.. missed' message).
    Magic seems to work as usual.

Update:
    Reloading the scene (leaving, entering) seems to clear the issue for the moment.
    As I recall, I did not have it or notice it when I entered it first, only later. Maybe depending on time/actions in the scene.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    Chatele and Lord Ravnos like this.
  3. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Exact same issue for me today in Serpent Spine Foothills, ONLY after someone joined me in the scene. When I was alone in MPO I had no problems at all. The minute they joined, issue started as stated above exactly, same skills affected.

4. Myrradah

Myrradah Avatar

Auto attacks miss a lot, no matter where im at in Deep ravenswood. No matter if im on top of the target, at range, moving, sitting still etc. I did notice that while I was skinning, my arrows suddenly started damaging a target i had auto attack on even though i recently skinned 3 wolves. (So not a lag issue).

random arrow direction occurs as well. Meaning my arrows appear from my left or right and hit the target. So appears to be something related to location.

Chatele likes this.
  5. Wolfers

Wolfers Avatar

Rapid fire is bugged. I see the animation but only 1 arrow do damage at npc.

6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I know you said Known Issue. But are you working on a fix? Still have the same problems. Not fun .... could you please at least tell us you are fixing it.... because there's been nothing since release of R37

Spinok likes this.
  7. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I confirmed just now even with patch 528 this is still happening to me in serpent spine foothills... I have to log out and reload the scene to get shots to register again, sometimes again after a 10-15 minutes of play, again.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  8. Artte

Artte Avatar

1. Title: Rapid Fire not working
    2. Reproduction Rate: 70% of the time
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details/Steps to Reproduce: It seems to be worse on a hill. I heard yesterday that the Devs were looking at making uphill attacks more difficult. At least that is what they seemed to be saying on the podcast. However, this is happening when the mob is less than a body length away. It is happening when the mob is on the same spot as you and the graphic of them and your avatar is intertwined. ....if you nerf rapid fire with this, then you kill archery. I for one will play a little bit to see if you fix it in an upcoming patch...but otherwise its back to the drawing board. Archery will be out. BTW ...it happens when you fire downhill too.
    I am at 92 ranged 68 rapid fire 68 eagle eye 80 pull strength 80 Dex 80 Health 68 Intel

It only happens on rapid fire. I guess aimed shot and obsidian arrow are easier uphill.

Sometimes the hit cuts in late ....you are doing something else and then the rapid fire noise cuts in. Sometimes it cuts in as you are doing it -for about 1/4 of the hits. The little circle that goes below the mob does not show up when it fails. You know that little circle that indicates the skill is active-it last about 1.2 seconds normally.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  9. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The issue of significant combat desync caused for players using ranged weapons is now known. We apologize for the inconvenience while we continue to investigate this issue and work toward a resolution.

Reference: 38865

Chatele and MrBlight like this.
  10. Artte

Artte Avatar

1. Title: Rapid Fire not working
    2. Reproduction Rate: rapid fire works great at first and then starts to fail and gets worse ...until it is unplayable

3. Details/Steps to Reproduce: Patch is 524-528 inclusive time is 12:50 Atlantic (2 hrs b4 central time?) So, not fixed yet.

11. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Will confirm, still broken-
    Patch came out literally as i posted this. lol

12. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

yea, but it is more then just rapid fire, after awhile nothing seems do be doing damage .... just letting devs know, it is not just rapid fire .... :) Happy Bug hunting :)

13. zellock431

zellock431 Avatar

im in the same boat. my arrows arent registering. not counting the hits or damage. im in deep ravenswood. trying to kill yellow named bears. i could before the last patch. now i cant do any damage. i can kill yellow named wolves. but not bears or skeletons. my arrows arent hitting. im level 66. before i could kill a bear easy. now my arrows arent registering. i have no idea why.

i cant even kill a rabbit LOL

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    Chatele likes this.
  14. benhat

benhat Avatar

15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Good. the updte comes out, so now it only works if im in friends mode.

Fix ranged! lol

Rapid and normal attacks not working for me, still after update. Worked for a bit, flicked off after an hour

Chatele likes this.
  16. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

So.. update had it working
    JUST did this update.
    Broke it again.

Dirk Hammerstrike likes this.
  17. zellock431

zellock431 Avatar

when will it be fix? my arrows are registering.

18. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

My rapid fire and auto sure as hell still arnt.
    Only sometimes in friends mode.

You broke my char before the weekend =P Again!

19. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

i tryed hunt bears again in ulfheim and its like i can see my arroves fly all over the place but they some how dont hurt the bears
    then i relog and it work for like a bear or 2 then it go back to not working at all non of my rapid shots able to hit target and i get arroves flying all over the place
    relog seem to fix it for atlest a wile but i dont know if i all of the sudden lag out or what is happening
    befor number 37 i had no issues and now its like real odd furst in the morning it seemd to me that evry time i hadbear on me it worked but wen i tryed it now even that dont work so i dont know if i got more lag now then i had this morning or what but it is realy anoyieing and im in multi player btw

20. Netavarious

Netavarious Avatar

Having issues with (Rapid Fire especially) in North Quel. Generally working correctly if allow the target to melee range, but anywhere near max range and its just the animation, no damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.