Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] SFX levels are a bit inconsistent

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, Audio, & Instruments' started by Echondas, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

3/28/2018 4:26 PM
    Title: SFX levels are a bit inconsistent
    Reproduction Rate:Various
    Blocker?No
    Details: SFX levels are a bit inconsistent - for example, opening the door to the Oracle temple is a much lower level than opening a door to a merchant shop or a player house. The footstep sounds are a bit low, so I've seen people saying they don't exist - when they do, they are just a bit low in level, the merchant gibberish, etc.
    Steps to Reproduce: Listen to some of the audio SFX in game.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (6) System RAM: 32678
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.751.Date.03.28.18
    Area: Novia_R9_City_Northwood
    Area Display Name: Northwood
    Loc: (18.2, 40.0, -166.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfQ2l0eV9Ob3J0aHdvb2R8fCgxOC4yMjUsIDQwLjAxMSwgLTE2Ni42NzMpfCgwLCAwLjI5OSwgMCwgMC45NTQpfC0xNzM2Ljk4N3wzMS43ODQ5OHwyLjA2OTQ3MQ==

CrandalltheFoole and Dargalin like this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yeah, this is something we need to focus on in a larger scale - not a specific bug, but overall consistency in sound levels. In the past many of the sounds were too loud. Some waaaay too loud. One thing Kat mentioned once was to make all the sounds more natural sounding, as to not distract. I agree with the merchant gibberish, it is low - while the market crowd sounds are often too loud. Some water sounds are also still a bit on the loud side. With many of the fire sounds not tied into the sliders at the moment (known issue) that also isn't helping matters.

Perhaps the issue is we need to tone down some sounds (especially older sounds) so we can hear the newer sounds more clearly? Footsteps can be heard very clearly at 100% turned up but I think we all set our levels a bit lower than that with the louder sounds in mind.

I've submitted this BTW: 57911
    Good input. Thank you.

@Echondas

Echondas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.