Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Skill Specialization: more than 1 set to training

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by StarLord, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

2/22/2018 9:38 PM
    Title: Skill Specialization: more than 1 set to training
    Reproduction Rate: always
    Blocker? no
    Details: I have currently 4 specializations set to training (tactics, subterfuge, light armor and ranged)
    and could train them all in parallel (L16, L37, L37 and L63). Should not be possible regarding release notes.
    Steps to Reproduce: learn several new specialization skills and start fighting....
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32693
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.731.Date.02.21.18
    Area: HiddenVale_Forest02_Tier5
    Area Display Name: Deep Ravenswood
    Loc: (-151.7, 35.2, -145.8)
    Debug: SGlkZGVuVmFsZV9Gb3Jlc3QwMl9UaWVyNXx8KC0xNTEuNjk1LCAzNS4yMzYsIC0xNDUuOCl8KDAsIDAuODk1LCAwLCAwLjQ0Nil8LTE5NTMuNDI4fDE0Ljc3MzM1fDIuOTM=

2. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Are you sure the others didn't turn to unlearn on their own? If you enable one it will automatically disable all but one other one.

3. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Update:
    when I changed 1 specialization to maintain suddenly another 2 were set to untrain - now I get the default behavior, seems only for the first time you can get all new skills set to training.

4. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

@Chris I also had more then one set to learn as well. It occurred after a weird perma-stun from the monkies forced me to relog. When I logged back in both the specializations I had were set to learn.

5. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Time stamp when both glyphs were set to learn is [2/22/2018 12:10:16 PM] - Andartianna Zazeriz

6. Chris

Hrmm.. wondering if there is some base learning state case I missed. I'll investigate. BTW, it would be for your own benefit to NOT try and do this. :p They are the most expensive skills in the game and they will suck your entire xp pool dry in minutes.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I to just learned two and can only train one it resets my other to maintain.

So I can only train one at a time.

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Now I set my water to maintain and go set my tame to gain and water goes to unlearn???

And since I have to go thru Train to reset water to maintain tame is set to unlearn so I am now stuck and cannot train one without the other going down?????

9. Chris

Did you read the release notes or the skill description for any specialization? You can only train one specialization and train one. All others will set themselves to unlearn. In other words, you can have two specializations at any given time. If you want to experiment with them, this is the release to do it as it is 100% return on unlearn!

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Did you read the post is says in my second post (the one you quoted) that I do not want to unlear my water special I want to maintain it . . . .

But when I try and learn tame, water goes to Unlearn,(((( since train come up BEFORE Maintain ))) set water to maintain - tame goes to unlearn so I can NOT have one set to maintain and learn another.

Tame at maintain go learn - water goes to unlearn - change to train - tame goes to unlearn - go back to water try and change to maintain forced to go thru learn - tame goes to unlearn - try and set it to maintain - have to go thru learn so water goes to unlearn.

I have no desire to untrain anything.

The things I want to untrain are already above some lame limit so the 100K points are wasted.

11. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

@Chris I logged out with both light armor and ranged masteries set to the default unlearn after I got them from the trainers last night right before bed. I know they were both at unlearn cause I wanted to sleep on if I wanted to try taming or give up on ranged all together so I looked at them to read the tool tips and ponder.

logged in to gem mine and both started to be actively training at the same time.

Lexie likes this.
  12. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Chris got to the bottom of this, guys. Fix is on the way.
    He's not feeling well and really should be resting after such a MASSIVE release, but he's gonna work on fixing these instead. We can see who are learning more than one and where they are at....

For those that hit this on accident and unknowingly, we're very sorry for the inconvenience. And thanks to everyone who brought this to our attention. :)
    Consider this a known issue. No further repro needed.

@StarLord

13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

@StarLord, @Lexie , @Chris ; I can now cycle true a little and manipulate it so I can have one to maintain and one to train.

Do not konw if this was a fix,

But TY.

14. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

I did only encounter the bug initially, without toggling any skills after acquiring.
    After toggling a skill once I could never level up more than one - as it should be.
    Note: I still had problems that after setting my main skill to maintain the 2nd one suddenly got changed to unlearn, not visible to me - except when explicitly checking.
    With the latest builds it seems to be fine, I still recommend to check the settings of both skills after changing one though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.