Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Solace Bridge Outskirts - Can't turn in Alpha Wolf's Head to Filmore

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Daxxe Diggler, Nov 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

11/11/2017 9:43 AM
    Title: Solace Bridge Outskirts - Can't turn in Alpha Wolf's Head to Filmore
    Reproduction Rate: Once
    Blocker? No (think I did this already on Live) but he won't take the head
    Details: Went back to Solace Bridge Outskirts to test the new quest for Filmore (Betty the Chicken) and when killing the Alpha I received an "Alpha Wof's Head from Solace Bridge". I believe I already got the head before on Live server and turned it in, so not sure why I received another. When speaking to Filmore, I got the trade window to give him the head, but he doesn't take it. A red message appeared in my chat box:

[11/11/2017 9:43:22 AM] Server: GenerateBagContentsFromConversationBundle: Quest "Novia_R1_Forest04_01|SolaceBridgeOutskirts/Farmer - Filmore|alphawolf",Repeat:None already completed on 4/28/2017 2:20:51 PM (local)

Also, the trade window would not close when I hit Cancel after he wouldn't accept the head.

Steps to Reproduce: Not sure if you can reproduce already completing a quest, but receiving the turn in item again, but that's what happened to me. Try to turn in the head again and get the error message.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16333
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8069
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.587.Date.11.10.17
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest04_01
    Area Display Name: Solace Bridge Outskirts
    Loc: (244.5, -1.3, -216.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDRfMDF8fCgyNDQuNDkxLCAtMS4yOTUsIC0yMTYuMDc2KXwoMCwgLTAuOTg0LCAwLCAtMC4xNzgpfC0yMDAuNDU5N3wzMi45MzcyM3wxNC42NjkzNw==

2. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Can confirm same happened to me, after patching

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Sean Silverfoot
    @Daxxe Diggler
    I tried to repro in the latest build but I could not. I traded the item successfully. But this is on a somewhat newer character that has not completed it previously before the current changes were put in place.
    If you cannot clear it in the next QA build please let me know. I suspect it should not have given you guys the quest again, but since the quest changed since the prior completion I think that could be the cause.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  4. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

The flags in the quest did not change. If you did the quest in the past, you should not be able to get it again - that hasn't changed. There's something else going on here. If you completed the quest before with the character you're currently using, you should not get the quest again. Did you get the quest again?

5. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

@Lexie & @Puuk , I will check it out tomorrow morning, early and let you know

6. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

OK, so back. No I did not get the quest again. Just the Betty quest. When I click on "Alpha" , which is greyed out, I get the "Hopefully we killed THE alpha, no need to worry about. Dawson will take care of it.

Killing the "alpha" for Betty gave me Betty's collar and the Alph's head, which I did NOT get when I killed him first time. This is the same conversation when I did it first.

11/14/2017 9:37 AM
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 16276
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 GPU RAM: 2017
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.588.Date.11.12.17
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest04_01
    Area Display Name: Solace Bridge Outskirts
    Loc: (245.3, -1.3, -216.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDRfMDF8fCgyNDUuMzQsIC0xLjMwMiwgLTIxNi40ODMpfCgwLCAwLjk4NSwgMCwgMC4xNyl8MTY1LjI4NDh8MTEuOTU0MjF8MTAuMzI2MjE=

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  7. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Okay, thanks, that narrows it down a bit. You shouldn't have gotten the wolf head, but luckily you can delete it. If you delete it and then speak to Filmore again, he should give you a mounted wolf's head since you already completed the quest before. There might be some confusion in the flag logic while you have the wolf head in your inventory. Deleting it should clear that up.

Lexie and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I'm not sure if I got the original "Alpha Wolf" quest again, but I did go and get the newly added "Betty the Chicken" quest... which also asks you to get Betty's Sparkly Collar from the Alpha Wolf.

However, when I killed the Alpha to get the Sparkly Collar, I also received the Alpha Wolf's Head... yet Filmore will not take this one as I've already done that first quest and can't do it again.

Here is my chat log from when I originally completed this quest:
    So I know I completed the head quest already.

I was able to destroy the Alpha Wolf's Head (in QA build 588) so I won't get the annoying message for that anymore. But, I probably shouldn't have been able to loot the head again if the quest for it was done before. I held onto the head though because I thought it might be needed for another new quest added in R48:

• Alpha Wolf: Killing the Alpha Wolf for Filmore the farmer will now yield a rewarding memento that can accent any player’s abode! Don’t worry, even if you’ve already completed this quest in the past, Filmore will offer up the item if you inquire about the Alpha.
    That says I should have gotten a memento, but I didn't get anything new for completing that before... so perhaps that is a separate bug?

9. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Deleted it went back, nope same conversation. Is there 2 Alpha's? He does mention "The" alpha and not just "an" alpha"

10. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Ok, you guys posted while I was typing all that out.

I did delete the head and went back to speak to Filmore... he gave me the same message that Sean wrote above. He did NOT give me a mounted wolf's head. I'll try to reload the scene to see if that works.

11. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Nope. I switched from Multiplayer to Friends mode to reload the scene. Went and spoke to Filmore and get the same reply about "the" alpha...

12. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Went out and back in, No Alpha head on me. Same conversation. Perhaps I shouldn't talk to him just when he enters the outhouse. (BTW I love that!)

13. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yea, and with all this bug finding, I finally discovered where Dawson is! That was pretty comical (especially the notes on the desk). :D

I almost thought that finding where he was should lead to another quest for Filmore, but i tried everything I could think of saying to spark a convo but no luck.

14. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Okay, I'll take a close look at it and see what's going on. You should have gotten the dialogue for getting the mounted wolf's head. Definitely a bug.

15. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Okay, figured it out and fixed it. Bug #53125. When the next update (or the one after that, not sure if this will make it in) comes out, all you have to do is talk to Filmore, click on "alpha" and he'll give you the mounted head, remove the extra wolf head you may have in your inventory (if you haven't already deleted it), and clear the task to turn in the wolf head.

16. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Thanks @Puuk .......NEXT lol

17. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

I talked to Fillmore, he told me about his poor chicken, I clicked the alpha keyword and the trade windows come up for me to give him the head, AND he said I mounted the head, you can have it. I hadn't even received the quest to get the head or collar yet. I killed the 2 Alpha wolves, got just the collar, no head, now can't get the quest for the head anymore.

18. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

@Puuk 589....No change in status, except this time I did locate a 2nd alpha/beta group, right across from the alpha lair. I killed them all.

No status change and nothing on alphas but hides

19. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Sean Silverfoot - There has been 2 groups of Beta's there for a while now as far as I can remember. If you kill either group, an Alpha will spawn for that group.

@Puuk - Same here on no mounted head yet for Build 589. I'm sure your fix probably just didn't make this build. Will follow up if there is another update.

20. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

And... just checked again in QA Build 592... still no different response from Filmore when clicking on "alpha" keyword.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.