Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]SOTA Map

Discussion in 'Release 40 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by 2112Starman, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Im pasting this from another thread as a bug. The bug is that my PoT has no basic map in SOTA map.

This is actually an issue with SOTA map, I looked into it pretty heavy last week (before Q40 and seeing the mini-map). Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love SOTA map and use it all the time but there are sections in there that require you to pay to use it and that includes getting your PoT in it. You have to pay $10 for it. Now, normally thats not an issue and I have planned on doing this anyways before Q40 came out but now I think the Devs have a real issue. To get my PoT listed in SOTA map for everyone to see *IN GAME* I (anyone) have to pay a third party person to use it even after I already paid Port for my pledge and my PoT. As I said this is not a super big issue for *me* but it may be for many others and actually opens up some real legal issues that they need to think about. Im also concerned about the longevity of building into SOTA a third party app that at any time may up and poof if the creator decided to quit. They really need to think about actually integrating this in game.

So when I zone into a PoT, you get the "no map" error and to get a map in there we have to pay them $10.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for reporting. This feedback has been sent to our team for review.

3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Man @Attenwood , you are one hard working person! You were doing this when I logged out late last night pacific time and you are back at it this morning early! We appreciate your hard work... dont get burned out!

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  4. Attenwood

[​IMG]

2112Starman likes this.
  5. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

SOTAMAP is being developed by an outside guy and he's done a tremendous job. It obviously takes a huge effort on his part, so unless Port is going to subsidize his work ??? $ 10 is well worth it. IMHO

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

This could be a sticky situation, but perhaps a solution would be for Portalarium to pay some small / agreed upon fee to Jakub White to cover the costs of at least having a "basic" POT map added for all the POT's? And what I mean by "basic" is to just show the map template itself with roads and possibly the default Town Crier and Banker NPC's locations. As you walk around, the in-game map would just show your location inside the template.

If anyone wants to customize it further (to show NPC builds, devotionals, player housing lots, gust ball fields, etc.) then they could handle that on their own with individual purchases to SOTA Map.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Boris didnt have a very happy ending though lol!

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you don't have to pay to get your town added. you have to pay to customize it. if your town isn't added as a base, default template, i think that's an error.

Jakub White and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  9. Attenwood

You could argue that he also didn't "burn out" too. Quite the opposite!

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  10. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

I have SOTA map and have built my town it in, but am getting the message "current scene not found in sotamap database"

11. Arjac

Arjac Avatar

@Attenwood
    It's a bug which will be fixed as described here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-pot-new-britannian-market.83621/#post-778542

You do NOT have to pay anything. I gave permissions to edit POT map to anyone who ask me for it. The fee visible on the site is intended to reduce spam and spread queries over time. I'm just a single person who is trying to manage the service with more than 600 maps and another hundreds of users.

12. Attenwood

Thank you very much for your clarification.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.