Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Starched rugs - placement of large planters.

Discussion in 'Release 41 Bug Forum' started by Talimar, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

[​IMG] Previously in R40, I could place the large planters, etc. on rugs so I could do something like this.

I had pulled them off to fiddle with the stage up there, and now am no longer able to replace the large planters where they used to be. The medium planters will occasionally show up green, but are still near impossible to place on the edge of a rug so that you can overhang the planters.

:) You can still place planting barrels on the rugs though.

Alley Oop likes this.
  2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Talimar, Thank you for reporting this issue. It has been submitted to the Development Team for review.

3. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

[​IMG]

There we go.

Bug2. As you can see, the spacing between the blocks are not uniform! my ankhs do not all touch each other block! (gasp!) Knight founder village home.

4. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

We made some changes to planters so they can't hang off homes. The bug here is really that no decos should be hanging off roofs at all. Submitted 45868.

5. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

[​IMG]

update 2: After R42, I can "kinda sorta" overhang again. (yay!)
    Bug1: Sometimes the color for placement doesn't go away. :)
    Bug2: You can't adjust the planter on the rug unless the rug is directly on the floor/ground 100%

Unique conditions to update 2:

[​IMG]

This currently happens when you insert the rug from the south side into a northern facing wall. East/South does not do this.

Bug3: when setting up the overhang, the orientation of the carpet changes when/where the green allowable distance should let placement... (yay!) instead when inserted in the north-facing segment, the planter jumps around 180 degrees and then the rotational placement (e,q keys) does a rotation around it's vertical axis as opposed to the horizontal axis.

Update 3:

My roof of my house is shaping up but... I still can't place that planter I want on the north side of the wall to complete the terrace look. (obviously the planters on the roof section would mean I have no roof/ access to the tent that's up there too! )

[​IMG]

Pic4: (bedroom!)

Just so you can see the so-called bedroom area I made, so as to see why I don't have any space for planters on the interior of the roof.... (I still want planters!) I pulled out one of the ornate screens normally hiding the bed.

[​IMG]

As a side note, I found that placing things on the ground on top of the pavers have improved alot, and this makes putting planters in the place they are supposed to go alot easier.

6. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

update 6: I forgot to show the bottom of the quirky way some of the mechanics work. Sadly my roots are showing on the planter when seen from the bottom. (would of loved if I could of moved the rug further out to hid the roots.)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.